Lucky8's Project L322

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
We have decided to go forward with this project although it will be done a little different then our normal Lucky8 builds.

photo-9-4_zpse166b4fa.jpg

Here is the list of goals for the L322

1 The truck must retain its on road manners.

2 Rocksliders

3 Front winch bumper

4 Rear bumper

5 Be able to compleate the Vermont overland trophy
Link to VOT http://www.vermontoverland.com/vot/

To get things started the truck needed some better shoes.

photo-12-2_zpsc4036063.jpg

We went with the stock size 19s in a MTR. This was not our first choice but the tires were the right price. " Free"

photo-14-1_zpsdc802517.jpg

With the truck in its stock form the tires look a little out of place but that did not stop us from an icy test drive.

photo-13-1_zpse65f6fb6.jpg

The L322 wanted us to feel comfortable with it so it gave us a little present.

photo-10-3_zpse91acfd0.jpg

It wouldn't be a rover without a little leak. The expansion tank has a small crack in it. This is a fairly common thing with these trucks.

photo-11-3_zps18c73174.jpg

We will get that fixed and report back.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Sweet!! This will be a great thread to watch! I am still hooked on the P38 thread. You have my attention!

jdholder

Explorer
I'll be interested in how you do the front winch bumper. The radiator core support hangs very low on the front of these trucks that it makes a custom front bumper very front heavy and ungainly.

I'm looking forward to your efforts!

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I'll be interested in how you do the front winch bumper. The radiator core support hangs very low on the front of these trucks that it makes a custom front bumper very front heavy and ungainly.

The plan is to keep it tight and similar to the stock cover.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
That could be relevant, a bumper that nearly matches the stock plastic, including the fog lamp locations, but is steel and has a provision for a hidden winch.

Look forward to seeing the result.

Another option I've been thinking about is to fabricate a hidden receiver for the front which would be covered by the license plate when not in use. Then just use a receiver mounted winch plate when needed. Doubles as a rear winch when necessary as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles