Lucas Oil Products

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I've been reviewing past postings (I'm new here) and in reading the ones that dealt with oils, I was wondering if any of you have any experience, good or bad, with Lucas Oil products. A friend of mine is sponsored by them for his race car and he swears by the stuff. But then he's supposed to say that :) Synthetic oil stabilizers, tranny fluid, gear oil, differential fluid, etc. Any input would be welcome.

DenCo40

Adventurer
I've never used the oils but I do use the fuel injector cleaner. It works great. It's not as good as a professional cleaning in the shop but it does the job very well....

7wt

Expedition Leader
There was a thread on TTORA about the differential fluid additives causing foam ups. The pictures looked pretty nasty. I use all Mobil1 so I don't see any need to add anything else to the mix. For the engine I have had great luck with Seafoam.

Robthebrit

Explorer
I have heard of people adding it to the tranny of a Unimog and making it run significantly hotter. I have never tried it myself, I just use good quality oil to begin with.

Rob

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
I made the mistake of using that "oil stabilizer" once in my buggy. It's about the viscosity of Honey. It claims to "bond to engine parts" to help eliminate dry starts after sitting for a while. All it did was make my oil pump whine like a spooled up turbo. Bad stuff to have in an engine, if you ask me.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
There is just something about that name... LUCAS ... that does not inspire confidence

... did my screen just flicker???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier