LR4 fridge placement

latarheel

latarheel
I use to have my ARB 50L Fridge in the back on a slider on top of a platform I built, however we were always wanting access to food/drinks while on the road. This summer I removed the middle seat in the second row and placed it there....couldn't be happier and the fit is perfect (see below). Center seat was ideal to remove for three reasons (1) middle seat is the simplest to removed (no wires for heated seat or flip back mechanism for access to 3rd row) , (2) when in the center makes it very easy to access from the front seat, and (3) makes for an awesome armrest for the back seat passengers :) . For dual battery controller I went with the traxide USI-160. Here is the link to the LR4 kits: http://traxide.com.au/complete-diy-dual-battery/land-rover-dbs-kits/discovery-4-dbs-kits/
BTW - that is my LR3 and platform in the link you listed above.

ARB 50L in 2nd row with center seat removed -
View attachment 319780

On platform with slider
what is best method to anchor ARB 50L in @nd row middle floor. I am reading that its not level

latarheel

latarheel
That is definitely an alternate view-based off experience though. I guess I never spend too much time worrying about power for a good fridge-and the time I do spend only increases the resiliency of the vehicle's electrical system.
I'd also say the fridge is way more than a car camping mod; we use it all the time (think going out, getting groceries but not worrying about getting them home b/c the cold stuff is good to go for hours). Minor convenience perhaps but ultimately that's what we're talking about.
Ray, whats an easy fastener setup for an ARB 50L in the LR3/4 2nd row middle seat?

morrisdl

Adventurer
Dometic CFX40 fits 'level' in 2nd row with a 2x4. This was a test run and just a ratchet strap works great.
I have had the fridge for 5 years without 2nd battery and no problems,

20200829_122457.jpg

emegmac

nice.

IMG_20180614_160440-X2.jpg
I’m getting ready to mount solar to a second battery. I had a converted Sprinter and miss the full time fridge the most. Where did you run the wires from the panel the mppt controller? I have a Voyager rack and will copy your setup as it looks awesome.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have a LR3 and used an aluminum 'C' channel bolted to the bottom of the fridge through the bolts that secure the rubber feet. Then to the threaded holes where the middle seat fastened. It hasn't moved in 6 years and it gives room to slide a small pan under it to help catch the water when I clean it through the drain hole in the bottom of the fridge.

iowalr4

Adventurer
I’m getting ready to mount solar to a second battery. I had a converted Sprinter and miss the full time fridge the most. Where did you run the wires from the panel the mppt controller? I have a Voyager rack and will copy your setup as it looks awesome.

I just run the wire down the A pillar trim into the cowl and into the aux battery box where I have the charge controller next to the battery. I didn't take the trim off, just snaked it through (you can take the bulky plastic connector off). I used a little 3M VHB tape up at the top to keep the wires from moving around between the trim and the rack. Panel and struts still work great after many years up there. Haven't had to touch the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles