• Philips 85122XV CI Extreme Vision

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Philips 85122 WX Ultinon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

colb45

Observer
Clarification: This is for Xenon bulbs

Backstory, I recently installed a 50" curve LED light bar on my LR3 and Love the light output... Now when I drive with my low beams I feel/know they are due for a replacement.

I am looking at getting a replacement set of bulbs, and I have looked and searched high and low yet havent found a LR3 thread or question...(maybe I am terrible at searching)

Also I will not be replacing them with some ebay chepo crap.. I know that i will not achieve the daylight affect with my lowbeams but curious if anyone has played around with this. I did a couple retrofits 4-5years ago so I am a bit out of the lighting game.

So these are the bulbs I am debating at not sure what ones to go with (all bulbs are in the $160-175 range):

Edit: Looking at Xenon replacement only (35 watt)

1) OSRAM XENARC 66240 CBI

2) OSRAM XENARC 66240 Nightbreaker

3) Philips 85122XV C1 Extreme Night Vision

4) Philips 85122 WX Ultinon

Thanks!:elkgrin:

Last edited:

Pjembe

Also one of the things you might consider is the addition of an upgraded headlight loom. This will make a huge difference to any of the bulbs you choose. It will also protect your LR switch, which can burn out with upgraded lighting.

A.J.M

Explorer
I changed mine 2 years ago for Osram cool blue intense D2S bulbs.

They are fantastic, the originals were 9 years old and terrible.
If there is a newer version I would go for the newer model, otherwise I would recommend those bulbs.

colb45

Observer
Also one of the things you might consider is the addition of an upgraded headlight loom. This will make a huge difference to any of the bulbs you choose. It will also protect your LR switch, which can burn out with upgraded lighting.

Only looking at Xenon bulbs, with oem 35 watt rating :)

schwaggy

I went with Nightbreakers after having Philips, possibly original on my 2009
I love that they are not too blue (if at all) but more importantly, not too yellow.
They are a perfect white if you ask me.

Pjembe

Only looking at Xenon bulbs, with oem 35 watt rating :)

However, if you check the voltage to your current system to the headlights you may be only getting around about 11v which can reduce the efficiency of any bulb up to 25%. But adding in an upgraded loom which has a direct feed from the battery thereby getting 12v+ will improve your headlamp output considerably especially if you use upgraded bulbs. If you do a search for Red Bison Boomslang headlight loom, it will hopefully explain it better.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Good info. I find the low beam on my LR3 is the worst thing about the entire vehicle. Where does one get an upgraded loom?

Pjembe

Good info. I find the low beam on my LR3 is the worst thing about the entire vehicle. Where does one get an upgraded loom?

Not sure about Canada, but I bought mine online in the UKfrom a company called paddocks. I am pretty sure they ship overseas. The loom is manufactured in the Netherlands by a company called Red Bison and it's a Boomslang headlight loom. There are several similar versions on EBay but not so sure of the quality of the components. Just to be clear, I have no association with either Paddocks or Red Bison apart from purchasing a good bit of kit from them.

colb45

Observer
Is this discussion about upgrading non-xenon bulbs?

No its upgradeding Xenon... I dont know how to make this any more clear

Also i dont see how a wiring loom is going to increase "the light out put for a xenon" for a halogen I could understand

Last edited:

Pjembe

There is no need to be rude to the OP and clearly you know bugger all about LR electrics or lighting.

No its upgradeding Xenon... I dont know how to make this any more clear

Also i dont see how a wiring loom is going to increase "the light out put for a xenon" for a halogen I could understand

colb45

Observer
There is no need to be rude to the OP and clearly you know bugger all about LR electrics or lighting.

Not trying to be rude, just hoping to find some experience if any one has use any of these bulbs or have recommendations. I understand I will probably get about the same life expectancy and most likely wont gain much more output but worth a shot.

Upgrading should have been replacing.

jerdog53

Explorer
The reason I asked was because my Xeon lights are extremely bright and was puzzled as to the need for more light. Please carry on....

A.J.M

Explorer
ive never heard of the wiring upgrade myself.

Xenon bulbs do degrade in output as they age.
Mine were terrible to the point they couldn't light past 4 white lines on the road. Not ideal for winter nights.
New ones are so bright I don't use my high beams any more.

I only have the LR spots on my A bar for decoration as they are candles in comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior