LR3 to 3rd gen 4Runner: lateral move or upgrade/downgrade

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Radiator, battery, brakes, rear driveshaft, replacing crap rear air suspension, hood struts, coolant overflow reservoir, a myriad of coolant hoses, Seat position sensor, various interior trim pieces, wheel bearing, literally every lightbulb in the vehicle. I mean i could go on....

Maintenance items? Mostly, yeah.. But damn thats a lot of maintenance. I was told Toyotas were built by the hand of God himself and never needed any work.
By contrast, the LR3 has had it's significant numbers of maintenance items as well, but I feel like I'm working on the GX more. It does have more miles than the Rover, but not by much.

They're both great trucks though, and I am super stoked to have both of them at my fingertips!

If I'm going anywhere that has challenging trails, I'm grabbing the Rover keys every time.

There’s probably more to the story. You are definitely in the minority.

ajbell

I have just gone through the process of moving from an LR4 to a Tundra.
I looked at the 4runner but after the Landrover it seemed very small in the cabin.
A Sequoia would may be better if you liked the size of the LR.

eloist

Adventurer
There’s probably more to the story. You are definitely in the minority.

My GX is a 2004, bought with 135k ish in late 2017. It was a one owner dealer maintained, ATL car.

It's a 15 year old SUV. None of the maintenance is surprising.
The point is, a Toyota is just a car. Cars get old and need wrenches. Just the same as Rovers ?‍♂️

OP: Get the truck that makes you feel the most comfortable, both mechanically and financially. You can't really go wrong with an LR3 or a 3rd gen T4R. Both will require new parts/service though at some point. These are used cars.

eloist

Adventurer
The view from my driveway ?

smpiTy7.jpg

XJLI

Adventurer
It's a 15 year old SUV. None of the maintenance is surprising.
The point is, a Toyota is just a car. Cars get old and need wrenches. Just the same as Rovers ?‍♂️

Did someone open a window? What is happening on the Toyota forum? Is that a breath of fresh air I am breathing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles