LR3 Tail Light Guard Installation

Silmarillion

Observer
Does anyone know of a guide to install the tail light guard on the LR3? I bought a set but don't know the proper way to install them.

Thanks!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Depends on what kind you purchased

The rear lenses pop off very easily.

Youtube is your friend:

Jwestpro

Explorer
Does anyone know of a guide to install the tail light guard on the LR3? I bought a set but don't know the proper way to install them.

Thanks!

I hope you got all the little spacer parts that go between the body and the frame. You could make some but it would be annoying not knowing exactly what to create without having one in front of you.

I would try seeing if a dealer has a set for sale, then get them to let you copy the instruction sheet.

Don't listen to Dendy, he doesn't even have a Land Rover ;)

No seriously, he has a lot of good info from his many previous rovers.

Silmarillion

Observer
I

I hope you got all the little spacer parts that go between the body and the frame. You could make some but it would be annoying not knowing exactly what to create without having one in front of you.

I would try seeing if a dealer has a set for sale, then get them to let you copy the instruction sheet.

Don't listen to Dendy, he doesn't even have a Land Rover ;)

No seriously, he has a lot of good info from his many previous rovers.

I have taken them out before (LED reverse lights). It looks like I have OEM with brackets and one screw. https://goo.gl/photos/U3J9yAsDWoeKgc3aA
Just not sure if I need to drill into the body, and definitely don't want to screw up if so.

I should just take a light out and see if there is a logical fit....

Silmarillion

Observer
So it turns out I just have half the brackets for the install. The brackets that attach to the screws that are already there - the ones that the lamps are secured with.

I believe I'm missing the exterior bracket and would also have to drill into the body. Here are some pics.

https://goo.gl/photos/J8nzHKwbxhKbBundA

There is no visible spot where any bracket would screw into.

Does anyone have pictures of how their tail light guards are installed?

jhawk

Adventurer
With the genuine covers you do need to drill into the truck on the front edge of the opening. Brackets are installed at that point that the guard mounts to.

Jim

Silmarillion

Observer
Fantastic! I've got all the parts except for the long black bars that look about 6 inches long. I guess the light guards are useless without that... Is it hard to fabricate something like that? I highly doubt that they sell the parts indivually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles