LR3 sun roof Rattle

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
So they asked about this before but it’s Speed‘s are on bumpy roads my sunroof rattles. It does not leak and it’s not the end of the world but it is a little bit annoying as I like a quiet cab. Any ideas on a fix Besides shoving a piece of Styrofoam in the gap.
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

OregonGX

I've been on some truly horrific washboard (corrugated) roads and I've never had a sunroof rattle. I'm thinking it might be the spring tensioners on the wind deflector getting tired, or perhaps not installed correctly. Did you recently have the sunroof drains serviced? The deflector is a little tricky to put back together if memory serves.

Worms

It's often been said that Land Rover start their design works with a rattle, then build a vehicle around it! At least yours is easily identifiable and I hope you manage to get a fix. But for what it's worth, the sunroof on my 1993 Defender rattled too, but I just lived with it.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well I’ve done a little searching and it looks like a lot a BMW's have sunroofs that make a similar knock at speed and on bumps. BMW's fix from the dealer is to just put three strips of soft side of Velcro on the back of the sunroof. I’ll give that ago.

Last edited:

DiscoNels

Adventurer
Well I’ve done a little searching and it looks like a lot a BMW's have sunroofs that make a similar knock at speed and on bumps. BMW's fix from the dealer is to just put three strips of soft side of Velcro on the back of the sunroof. I’ll give that ago.
Got a link to the details for this trail fix? Mine drives me nuts too and I would welcome some quiet time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles