LR3 Reverse Lights Upgrade

dbeard

Does anyone have experience with finding a decent upgrade for OE reverse light bulbs on LR3? I would like something much brighter, and probably LED.

morrisdl

Adventurer
I ordered these specific ones back in 2006, and they have been super bright to this day! $25 for the pair back in 2006 and still same today. The brightness easily over comes my aftermarket window tint and the color seems to be very compatible with the backup camera:

I wish I could say the same for my other LEDs. They all seem to flicker after a few years. Even with voltage regulators installed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I use the Sylvania direct plug ins from the local auto parts stores with no issues. Curious to check out the ones @morrisdl posted cuz I think they are a bit cheaper and look to be brighter too.

dbeard

I purchased LEDs from Advanced Factors over the UK.

I have definitely come across AF as a trusted source, however, I was catching some chatter that they are no longer selling the bulbs people were using for this purpose.

The powerfulUK bulbs have been excellent in my LR4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear, I'll check this out.

I ordered these specific ones back in 2006, and they have been super bright to this day! $25 for the pair back in 2006 and still same today. The brightness easily over comes my aftermarket window tint and the color seems to be very compatible with the backup camera:

I wish I could say the same for my other LEDs. They all seem to flicker after a few years. Even with voltage regulators installed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you require resistors or regulators for these bulbs?

I use the Sylvania direct plug ins from the local auto parts stores with no issues. Curious to check out the ones @morrisdl posted cuz I think they are a bit cheaper and look to be brighter too.

I'm curious about these as well.

morrisdl

Adventurer
I dont think these needed any resistor or regulator, but I need have the rear lamps off this weekend to replace a backup sensor and Ill verify.

Forgot to mention; I also use the Sylvania LED and Sylvania Superbrite LEDs on the interior with great success. To be honest, they might be too bright for any type of privacy and considering putting them on a dimmer.

A.J.M

Explorer
I have the AF leds in the reverse light.
80w equivalent stuff.

like having headlights at the back of the car.
Shame they stopped selling them.

dbeard

I have the AF leds in the reverse light.
80w equivalent stuff.

like having headlights at the back of the car.
Shame they stopped selling them.
Agree. This is what I'm looking for really. I see some stuff floating around on eBay that are 100w equivalent bulbs. Tempting.

dbeard

I spoke with a representative at AF. He said the were Epistar bulbs. But I haven't had much luck finding them online yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94