Lr3 replace air struts in front now can't clear fault

Hey guys,

I had a leaky front passenger air strut. diagnosed by pulling the fuses and letting it sit overnight. ordered fresh air struts from Atlantic British. followed four or five different tutorials online got everything hooked backed up and now I can't seem to get the air suspension to reinflate. Getting the red suspension fault on the dash. I've cleared the fault several times with my idd tool and it comes right back.

And it's raining, again.

Any thoughts?

DVD

Adventurer
IID tool has a function to toggle EAS on/off. Maybe you (inadvertently) turned it off and now need to re-enable. Just a longshot.

Thats exactly what it was. I used the app to deflate the suspension, just like several of the tutorials did and they didn't mention needing to re-engage the EAS. I eventually remembered and then it worked.

NOW, I'm having issues with the calibration. Both the up and down arrows in the calibation screen will only deflate/lower the suspension. I've emailed GAP. Any other ideas?

XJLI

Adventurer
I've found that the "re-enable" feature is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes. I've had to go in and out of build mode and back in, and sometimes I do, sometimes I don't need to press the height buttons to re-enable.

Disconnect the battery and discharge it and try again.

Here is the reply from GAP

"Hello

The guided calibration has been used for years and proven stable.

Make sure you press and hold the arrows. If still a no go, I would assume its a hardware issue on the car."

I'm doing the over night pulled fuse test now. But I'll try the battery today too. It's been a while, basically I disconnect then arch the terminals??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles