LR3 questions

@LR Max and @eloist Is this convo for a full replacement of the bottle or is there a new float? I know the old bottle supposedly can't get a new float and I have been running with the low coolant light for months. Since I'm in full servicing mode on the LR3 right now, I'm thinking its a good time to get this part fixed too!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

eloist

Adventurer
@LR Max and @eloist Is this convo for a full replacement of the bottle or is there a new float? I know the old bottle supposedly can't get a new float and I have been running with the low coolant light for months. Since I'm in full servicing mode on the LR3 right now, I'm thinking its a good time to get this part fixed too!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

You can either replace the float or the entire bottle assembly.
Me personally? I'm replacing the entire assembly for two reasons:

1. The bottle must be unplugged and dismounted to replace the float anyway
2. My bottle is a bit discolored from 10 years of use, and a new bottle will make it much easier to visually check the level in the future. (hopefully until 2028)

You can either replace the float or the entire bottle assembly.
Me personally? I'm replacing the entire assembly for two reasons:

1. The bottle must be unplugged and dismounted to replace the float anyway
2. My bottle is a bit discolored from 10 years of use, and a new bottle will make it much easier to visually check the level in the future. (hopefully until 2028)

Great points all around! I'll do the same!

eloist

Adventurer
Follow up here, bottle replacement went as planned. The bottom hose clamp is really difficult to deal with, so be prepared.

reservoir.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles