LR3 owners sound off, which tires?

rlynch356

Defyota
12.5x33-18’s
63149e9a3f27163b225843b2ccbdcf54.jpg

Need to do the coolant hoses next

esa31.8t

Anyone try 255/70R18 and if so, will it drive on the bump stops? I just ordered a set of the EVO Dakkar 18x8.5 ET35 wheels for my LR4 and thinking about this size as it is a 32x10 and I like the skinnier look. Also wondering if I can stuff that size tire in the spare location deflated?

morrisdl

Adventurer
esa31.9t: 275/65r18 is 32.1x10.7" and rolls on bumps. Make sure you relo the left-front ride height sensor wire to top of frame rail. If you have rear HVAC, then you might need to flatten out the right-rear body, seam, wheel liner and relo the heater hose. Yes, deflated spare will fit - dish soap helps it slide in.

Anyone try BFG KM2 255/80-17 (33x10") yet? I have the small brakes and new rims. Can I do 33" without messing with the washer fluid reservoir?

Jwestpro

Explorer
esa31.9t: 275/65r18 is 32.1x10.7" and rolls on bumps. Make sure you relo the left-front ride height sensor wire to top of frame rail. If you have rear HVAC, then you might need to flatten out the right-rear body, seam, wheel liner and relo the heater hose. Yes, deflated spare will fit - dish soap helps it slide in.

Anyone try BFG KM2 255/80-17 (33x10") yet? I have the small brakes and new rims. Can I do 33" without messing with the washer fluid reservoir?

what bumper? 33 will be tight or not work at all with factory bumper, probably even if you have a factory 17", like i do, no spacers, and that narrow tire, though it would be fun to test to see just how close it is. I have the arb bumper and it's been so long i have no recollection on how much it gained in turning clearance.

Model97

I just put a set of Perelli All Terrain Plus 265/65/18 with Terrafirma steel wheels from Lucky8 on mine. The tires are fantastic. Quiet on dry pavement, and I've been happy with both snow and ice traction.

XJLI

Adventurer
Anyone try 255/70R18 and if so, will it drive on the bump stops? I just ordered a set of the EVO Dakkar 18x8.5 ET35 wheels for my LR4 and thinking about this size as it is a 32x10 and I like the skinnier look. Also wondering if I can stuff that size tire in the spare location deflated?

You try this yet? This is what I plan on going with... 255/70-18 BFG ATs LR D on the evo corses.

morrisdl

Adventurer
what bumper? 33 will be tight or not work at all with factory bumper, probably even if you have a factory 17", like i do, no spacers, and that narrow tire, though it would be fun to test to see just how close it is. I have the arb bumper and it's been so long i have no recollection on how much it gained in turning clearance.

Just to follow up - I am loving BFG KM3's 285/70-17 on BMX X5 rims (no spacers) over LR3 v6 brakes with OEM front and rear bumper and +1" lift. I had to trim the front wheel well liners and pull them forward to the washer fluid bottle. sometimes still rubs lightly on full lock in reverse when the it starts up on cold mornings.

gabrielef

On my LR3, I run 275/65-18 KO2’s on the OEM 10-spoke wheels. It’s the largest tire size you can go to and the tires will still roll on bump stops. ARB front bumper and Tactical Rovers rear bumper with tire swing and dual jerry can holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Blue4.6l

On my LR3, I run 275/65-18 KO2’s on the OEM 10-spoke wheels. It’s the largest tire size you can go to and the tires will still roll on bump stops. ARB front bumper and Tactical Rovers rear bumper with tire swing and dual jerry can holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree.

I have 275/65r18 STT Pros - and it rolls on the bumps - but it seems pretty well accepted that that is the max. Mine is certainly very, very close to not rolling.

GhWzNt0XRE-Iy4IZ6WdMzg.jpg

morrisdl

Adventurer
I went though 3 sets and every-single-one died of weak sidewall before they wore out. Some were only weeks old. Be careful around rocks!!

Blaise

Bizarre. Over 100k miles on Duratracs here, with many miles in remote areas with sharp rocks. Never an issue - plenty of rim damage though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles