LR3 OEM Rack and Thule T bolts

Sweet. So you will be mounting them to the cross slats and not the roof rail itself?!?! That is what I was wondering is all.

I am using the Rhino Rack set up on my FR rack and ARB awning. Plenty sturdy as well! Check them out as they have the offset you will need for most roof racks to clear the stepped up rail. Just in case you go to a rack later on you won't need new brackets. I think I got them on Amazon much cheaper.

Your Thule bolts will work on these as well.

http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/brackets/awning-brackets/foxwing-tracklander-bracket-kit_31104

31104-Foxwing-Tracklander-Bracket-00.jpg

SHS14

Do you guys mind posting up pictures? I think I can picture the final install in my head, but it would be nice to see how you all managed it.

Do you guys mind posting up pictures? I think I can picture the final install in my head, but it would be nice to see how you all managed it.

Here you go. You get to see the rust issue we deal with here in Hawaii with the constant salt air bashing. I drilled another set of holes to lower my awning on the brackets. The only reason was to bring the awning down closer to the side of the truck and below the side rail.

The rhino rack brackets are about two years old or more and they are getting quite rusty. I plan to pull them off, media blast, and powder coat them. I suggest using stainless hardware for everything you use if possible. Grade 5 or better if possible.

ARB Awning on Rhino Rack mounts to FR rack.
IMG_2353.jpg

Under side of rack showing the mount. Notice the stepped area on the Rhino Rack awning mounts that clear the underside of the FR side rail. Many racks have this same type of step so a flat mount does not work as well. The aluminum (silver beam) is the mounting side of the ARB awning.
IMG_2352.jpg

Last edited:

jerdog53

Explorer
I used the Pioneer Foxwing / Sunseeker Awning Bracket Kit to install my Foxwing to my OEM roof rack.

43100-Foxwing-Sunseeker-Awning-Bracket-03_lrg.jpg

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Several good options out there. When the time comes, I will have to figure out which one positions the awning best.

tetsuo69

Anyone know if these Thule T-nuts / T-bolts work in the Factory LR Cross Bar slots? I.e. the slots you cut the rubber away from on the Cross Bars?

Or, anyone know what does fit in there?

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
The Thule T bolts fit in the factory LR crossbar slots. I used them to mount a Frontrunner ski/fishing rod holders on my LR OEM rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles