LR3 Keys

douglastic

Just so you know, the LR3 key is supposed to be completely waterproof.
So if you do find it, it is likely to be fine. Rice or desiccant could still be good precaution though.

I will repeat those who say to get an eBay key for $20 and program it yourself with an IIDTool (or similar).
I have done this myself. Just make sure it is 315MHz PCF7941.
My local Ford dealer even cut the blank blade for me (for free) - there is no VooDoo here.

The problem is when you have ZERO keys. That is when you have to go through a dealer.
They HAVE to get the key program info from your VIN shipped from England or whatever.

Good luck!

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Fingers crossed. I got a guy who says he can do it. We shall see on monday!!! If he dose I am sending every persons with a Land Rover in Texas to him.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
He Pulled the ECU and took it up to his shop. Says he should have me two flip keys tomorrow and one key that will just open the door but not start the car.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well after a week of trying I’m guessing the key guy will give up after today. He’s got the key cut fine and we can unlock the doors and turn the ignition but not start the car. If he can’t get it today I’m going to see if the car will let me roll up the window at least as we are expecting rain soon.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Awesome! So it starts with those keys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Starts with all three. The non flip key you have to use the manual door lock but it unlocks and starts the car too. Chris called my the other day to say he was headed over to a guys that seen this thread. Said the guys had been Wating on a key since February. I hope he got them going too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles