LR3 Dash Cover...

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I Know this has a thread somewhere but its not showing up in the search. But are than any good non plastic non carpet solution to cover a cracking LR3 dash? My wife hates the carpet. I have looked into M4's Leather cover is really expensive and needs an custom interior guy to install it, plus I have seen it in person and it just looks so so. Are there any good canvases options out there or maybe a leather cover like the cheep carpet covers??? We have a road trip coming up and the wife want me to pull the carpet for it, but I cant look at the cracks for 1200 miles.

Blaise

On this note, what's the option to fill the cracks if you have only small cracking? Some sort of epoxy?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Mine fits great. Did you pull the dash top vents out before installing? That makes all the difference IMO.
No I never even tried to install it. I set it in and the fit was so bad I just sent it back. The airbag covers themselves were going to need to be almost completely redone. I just want a leather version of the carpet cover. That would make me happy. I reached out to Equip. Morgan said he would call Escape in South Africa to see if they can get the canvas cover.

Howski

All I can say is everyone with a Coverlay I’ve encountered has been very pleased with it. I’d have at least given it 5 minutes to test fit before giving up...

krick3tt

Adventurer
I used a friends original LR dash cover for a pattern and made my own from 3 layers of black felt. I did not cover the hump over the gages behind the steering wheel.
3 pieces because I had enough felt and one would have been too flimsy. Edged it with black edge binding from JoAnnns.
Cost was only for the binding, I had felt from another sewing project. I think any dark fabric would do as long as it cuts glare.
It is thin enough that the air bags would not be hindered and although my dash is not yet cracked I am using it as a preventive measure as the CO sun, although not as brutal as some places, is nevertheless a problem.
It was only a temporary measure till I could find something in my price range but it has held up so well it is now permanent.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
All I can say is everyone with a Coverlay I’ve encountered has been very pleased with it. I’d have at least given it 5 minutes to test fit before giving up...
I played with it for about an hour and if the airbag cover would have lined up better I would have probably tried to fit it on my wife's LR3, But those to parts were not even close to fitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles