LR3 cracked dashboard thread

The dashboard on my 2008 LR3 has started cracking, which seems to be a common problem. I’m looking to see what others have done to solve the problem. (please post pics) What are our options?

Replacement
Carpet dash cover
Coverlay plastic cover
Can we swap an LR4 dash
Dashboard repair shop

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

krick3tt

Adventurer
Made a dash cover for my 07 LR3 similar to the one sold by LR. Used a friends cover as pattern. Not difficult to make but I did not cover the instrument hump. Several layers of light weight fabric to mimic the carpet type thickness. My dash is not cracked yet, just a prevention move on my part. I keep the LR garaged most of the time but the day time CO sun is relentless just the same.
Have no pics. LR dealer has the covers. Cost has got to be less than fixing the dash.

eloist

Adventurer
Mine started cracking last summer a tiny bit around the edges of the passenger airbag. I bought a dash cover, installed it, and haven't worried about it since:

http://dashcare.com/i-9461146-dash-cover-land-rover-lr3-2005-2009.html
I got the tech black fabric, and used some industrial grade velcro. I live in Tennessee, and the southern heat laughs at the velcro tabs they send with the cover. They literally came unstuck less than 2 hours after I installed them :)

Mine started cracking last summer a tiny bit around the edges of the passenger airbag. I bought a dash cover, installed it, and haven't worried about it since:

http://dashcare.com/i-9461146-dash-cover-land-rover-lr3-2005-2009.html
I got the tech black fabric, and used some industrial grade velcro. I live in Tennessee, and the southern heat laughs at the velcro tabs they send with the cover. They literally came unstuck less than 2 hours after I installed them :)

I have the exact same one and just let it sit up there and it never moves. Every few months I take it out and stretch it because it does shrink about an inch on the sides from the heat. One of the best and cheapest purchases I made to hide a significant design flaw.........honestly it looks like its supposed to be there so I don't mind the cover one bit and actually prefer it over the dusty dash.

LR Max

Local Oaf
X2 on the dash cover. Mine came with one and really, its fine. Fixes the problem just fine.

Also now I can put stuff up there without having to worry about it sliding all over the place.

MrWesson

Adventurer
Mine is perfectly cracked through my passenger airbag. Looks factory..

Should start a poll based on year built/model combo to see if there's a trend.

Ray_G

Explorer
Mine has cracked nicely around the airbag; in hot weather it expands and is barely noticeable. Cold; well-the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cornfarmer

Observer
Anything out there that is plastic, vinyl, ABS, etc? I don't really dig the carpet look.

(2006 cracked dash here)

Ray_G

Explorer
Anything out there that is plastic, vinyl, ABS, etc? I don't really dig the carpet look.

(2006 cracked dash here)

there's a guy starting to market a vinyl cover on the Discovery 3 & 4 facebook group (I think that's the group, I am in so many I lose track).

Exploder
That guy's dash cover looks like Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Attachments

• 26733812_10214072839831145_5240591886800670437_n.jpg
    26733812_10214072839831145_5240591886800670437_n.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 211

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles