[ LR3 ] another lift option - OOPS

11b4v

Adventurer
maybe

if the top of the Expy strut will bolt in, could you cut/weld/fab the lower end of the strut?

dont own an LR3, but do own an 05 Expy and have moved the struts when I replaced my lower ball joints last year. about to to the uppers next.

03' is probably the worst possible year of D2 you could go with

I didn't realize I had two screen names here! Yea in the OP.

No it's not the worst year I could go with.. Why because of oil pump failures and no locking center?

It's got the looks of the 03-04 I always wanted. Its available it's local it's price is good. I can get lockable transfer case for less than 50$. And most the oil pumps failed with low mileage not at 120k.

Its not the strut. All I want is a factory strut spacer. I found the rear ones work from a expedition but not the front.

Just the bolt pattern not the actual strut is important

Keanan

Observer
I didn't realize I had two screen names here! Yea in the OP.

No it's not the worst year I could go with.. Why because of oil pump failures and no locking center?

It's got the looks of the 03-04 I always wanted. Its available it's local it's price is good. I can get lockable transfer case for less than 50$. And most the oil pumps failed with low mileage not at 120k.

The 04 models are all hyped up as the golden supreme D2. As a result they are usually overpriced.
The 03 models are a great buy. You can add a CDL and change the oil pump pretty easily.

JesseLR3

I recently converted my air suspension LR3 to coilers with the Atlantic British

Same here. I’m seeing that a lot of the expedition lifts say “no air bag equipped struts”. Is there a different spring perch bolt pattern within expedition models or years? Please help soon! I have to buy tires very soon and would like to go bigger if possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94