LR3/4 Injector Cleaning

I bought a pressurized canister for my fuel system and intake cleaning; what is everyone recommending for professional grade service of my fuel injectors; it's been about 40k miles since I did it and the last time was at the stealership which Victory will never see the inside bay doors of again! lol

BK44? Lucas? etc.?????

BK44 is what my local LR dealership uses and was recommended by their master tech when I asked.

Sweet......I have the OTC stuff and I'll run it through and see what I get. I have some BK44 on the way as well. Figure I'm going to start doing this more regular as one cleaning probably won't do the trick after all these miles...lol

latarheel

latarheel
I bought a pressurized canister for my fuel system and intake cleaning; what is everyone recommending for professional grade service of my fuel injectors; it's been about 40k miles since I did it and the last time was at the stealership which Victory will never see the inside bay doors of again! lol

BK44? Lucas? etc.?????

For maintenance , use a high detergent fuel such as shell or chevron to keep those injectors clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 2 x cans of the OTC through my injectors and the difference is significant; I'm off to Hawaii for the week and when I get back I will run the BK44 through it as well. I ordered the pressurized nozzle for intake cleaning too so hope to get some of the carbon off the valves and pistons and see if that is going to rejuvenate Victory a bit more!

For anyone who has not done this maintenance step, don't be an idiot like me and wait so long; stay on top of your fuel and inlet management.

Follow this video (link below) and the process is easy peasy!

WARNING WARNING WARNING: WEAR EYE AND SKIN PROTECTION AS THE SYSTEM REMAINS WITH PRESSURE BEFORE AND AFTER THE PROCESS AND YOU WILL GET SPRAYED!

LR3/4 INJECTOR CLEANING

Derel1cte

Adventurer
I took my injectors out and sent them to Hurst Injector Service in Fitchburg, MA. All in cost was ~$130. He sends a full diagnostic report showing before and after flow and pattern.

My fuel economy went back to like new 17mpg+ once i had this service done. It also resolved various Bank too lean CEL codes.

The injectors are pretty simple to remove, I highly recommend pulling them out rather than trying to run cleaner through the system. You'll never achieve the number of cycles that a professional clean will give you.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
@Victory_Overland , Yep. Independent shop. I forget the techs name but he was very helpful answering questions on the phone before I mailed in my injectors.

I was debating getting new fuel injectors but decided that reconditioned OEM would be better than going aftermarket or spending hundreds on new OEM.

Fill out the form on their website via the link below and pay via paypal. Send the injectors via USPS small flat rate box. Injectors return back less than a week later working like new.

When you got to put them back in, make sure to clear any vehicle engine learning via your IID tool so that your engine can learn the flow of the fresh injectors more easily.

@Victory_Overland , Yep. Independent shop. I forget the techs name but he was very helpful answering questions on the phone before I mailed in my injectors.

I was debating getting new fuel injectors but decided that reconditioned OEM would be better than going aftermarket or spending hundreds on new OEM.

Fill out the form on their website via the link below and pay via paypal. Send the injectors via USPS small flat rate box. Injectors return back less than a week later working like new.

When you got to put them back in, make sure to clear any vehicle engine learning via your IID tool so that your engine can learn the flow of the fresh injectors more easily.

Awesome news; I'll put this on my list when its down for the power steering pump/lines! I popped a bunch of lean and then rich codes the first two days after the OTC pressure cleaning and then realized I forgot to clear the memory; I put the GAP on and did what you said and now she is running peachy but still feel I need a full cleaning like you suggested and well worth the $130 to start fresh IMO.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable. For additional information, refer to
2 . Remove the engine cover. 6mm hex captive bolts 1/4 turn
3 . Release the electrical connectors from the engine cover brackets.
4. Remove the 4 nuts. 10mm hex holding the engine cover brackets.
5. Remove the wiring harness clips and pull the wiring harneses to the sides. there should be enough slack you do not need to completely remove the harness or disconnect anything.
6. Undo the 2 torqs bolts holding the fuel rail to the heads. I think they are t20.
7. Disconnect the Fuel line to the fuel rail. You will need a fuel disconnect tool for this. ~$10
8. Pull up on the rails. I looped a strap under the rail and pulled straight up.
9 Once the rails are out, pull the clips on each connector to remove.

Workshop manuals for reference:

Remove the fuel rail:

Remove the injectors:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles