LR Defender110 Specs Help!

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Hi,
I'm building a spread sheet for comparison of three comparable expedition vehicles. This will be an honest assessment of numbers only with (hopefully) no bias either way. The three cars I am comparing are the LR Defender 110, the Jeep JKUR and the Landcruiser series 70 GXL wagon. I have most of the specs, but I'm looking for a few and thought you all might help. The Defender I chose is the 2013 UK spec 2.2L diesel 110. The specs I'm looking for are available axle ratios (factory), transfer case ratios and cargo capacity behind the rear seats. The only other things that I don't have nailed down are the external measurements. I have them for a 2008, but I can't verify the accuracy, because I'm not sure what they've changed. Please include a link if possible to where you found the specs. I'd like the list to be as accurate as possible! Obviously, numbers aren't the best comparison, but I can't test drive all three like Scott Brady and I need to satisfy my OCD! This may all seem pointless to some of you, but people like me (if there are any others) may see the value in it. I couldn't find anything on line and my goog-foo is pretty good, so I'll post the spread sheet when it's finished. THX!

Info from Landrover South Africa

Track front/rear 1,486†
Cargo bed length 1,900
Tailgate aperture width 878
Largest box length 1,100/1,470**
Largest box width 660
Largest box height 1,050
**2nd row seats up/2nd row seats folded

Confused as your looking for specs on a 2013 but obviously you can't own that here? If your looking for specs on an NAS or older one that shouldn't be a problem. And if you really want 2013 specs try a uk LR forum

overlander

Expedition Leader
The external dimensions of a 110 haven't changed since they were first introduced in 1983. The new PUMA's using the Ford Transit powertrain have 1.2 ratio LT230's, and having driven that powertrain in Africa, it is SWEEET! (sorry for unwanted bias)

tacr2man

Adventurer
the defender only comes with one axle ratio , and t/c ratio from the factory , anything else is aftermarket , and down to what you want to do with it . Re capacity as previous post been the same for years . same as load pretty well. Does the JKUR come with a diesel ?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
the defender only comes with one axle ratio , and t/c ratio from the factory , anything else is aftermarket , and down to what you want to do with it . Re capacity as previous post been the same for years . same as load pretty well. Does the JKUR come with a diesel ?
And you don't know what those ratios are, do you? The JKUR does not come with a diesel at this time. I'd love to have one, but the closest thing is the export 2.8 in any trim but Rubicon. I'd love to have a Defender 110 or Series 70 for that matter, but due to our crazy regulations we can't get anything cool here.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
pre-PUMA 110s were 1.4 tcases. 90's were 1.2. 1.2 is new for 110's

Forgive my ignorance, I don't speak fluent Land Rover yet, what is PUMA? Also, is 1.2 the model or the T-case ratio? I sure hope it's not the ratio, cause that's not really low and the Land Rover stacks up to the others pretty favorably at this point.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Forgive my ignorance, I don't speak fluent Land Rover yet, what is PUMA? Also, is 1.2 the model or the T-case ratio? I sure hope it's not the ratio, cause that's not really low and the Land Rover stacks up to the others pretty favorably at this point.

In 2007, the Land Rover line of diesels was replaced by a Ford diesel engine. The defenders built since 2007 are known as Pumas.

Defenders come with a 3.54 axle gear ratio. No other option on that.

Also to learn more, I highly recommend this website. It will give you a very good general understanding of all of the information and specs on defenders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rover_Defender

rijosho

Adventurer
The external dimensions of a 110 haven't changed since they were first introduced in 1983.

Haha. I was just about to say the same.

Google should be able to help you out a TON, too. For instance, Googling PUMA and Defender would get you a ton of info on anything you're confused about.

overlander

Expedition Leader

Over time, the LT230 t-case came in several different 1.2 ratios, a 1.4 and more rarely a 1.6 high range. They all have the same low range of 3.321.

Here's a good reference link. http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=45

JSBriggs

Adventurer
Regarding the Transfer case, the rations listed above are the high ratio, which would vary slighty based one engine etc, but all have a low range ratio of 3.32:1. Impressive for a stock vehicle.

Edit: Sorry, Mark, didn't see this post hiding here on page 2.

-Jeff

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Haha. I was just about to say the same.

Google should be able to help you out a TON, too. For instance, Googling PUMA and Defender would get you a ton of info on anything you're confused about.

Well I did google defender and looked for quite a few hours. I didn't know to look for Puma. I have a few more squares filled in now thanks to you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles