Lowrance 540C GPS - Review & Mount

uphill

Observer
spressomon said:
Ok...so you're not worried about the current draw when you are not using the 540C when it's powered down at the control panel?

I do have a battery isolator with dual batteries and the current it pulls when powered down is so minimal that I am not concerned.

There isn't much room in the back of the FJ, but I do sleep in it and I'm not a small guy. I think I've logged about 30 overnighters in the back over the past 18 months. When it's cold or muddy, I sleep in the truck.

The light bars are made by N-Fab. I stumbled on them almost by accident. They were precisely what I was looking for since they fit into the OEM rack.
The photos below show the rear N-Fab with the floods and the light bar mounted to it.

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Picture071.jpg

tight-squeeze.jpg

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
What software are you using with your 540c? I am new to my unit (came with my Jeep), but it is missing the memory card and I don't have any software yet, so it's pretty useless at the moment...

uphill

Observer
nwoods said:
What software are you using with your 540c? I am new to my unit (came with my Jeep), but it is missing the memory card and I don't have any software yet, so it's pretty useless at the moment...

I'm using the native software and have cards for the Southern US and Western US.

It may sound lame, but that's what I've got going. The GPS works but is functionally very weak without the cards. Each card/chip is about $100.00

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Can anyone recommend a good installer to do a 540C mounted on the Ceiling of my Taco?? As this thread suggests touchy stuff. Need to get an installer with a brain and a conscience. Phoenix area please..

r3run33

Adventurer
sorry if this a newbie response but uphill what is a n-fab bar? I like that bar and have been looking for something to put on my 100 series b/c i want to add some lights to the roof top but do not want to go with a whole rack etc. thanks a bunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz