Lower profile mounting channel for eeziawn rooftent?

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Pictured below is the egregiously high profile mounting and support channel on my eeziawn well exceeding 1.3" in height. Looking to replace this with something as low profile as possible.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• D71C09F9-4FA8-4713-8FD5-52451162C165.jpeg
    D71C09F9-4FA8-4713-8FD5-52451162C165.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32

tsfarling

Have you figured in the space that the tent hinge needs to open? It’s got to be designed that way for that I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Have you figured in the space that the tent hinge needs to open? It’s got to be designed that way for that I bet.

Yeah, it needs no more than 1cm (maybe less). I could easily remove 1" though in some capacity.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Help me out here. There are LOTS of unistrt parts etc. What do you mean remove the other cross bars?

Sorry, I’ll try to clarify my thought.

There are 2 basic unistrut struts. One is 1-5/8” tall and the other IIRC is 3/4”. As far as I can tell, everything else is a variation or accessory on those 2. In most tents like you are showing, the aluminum channel you are asking about sits on another set of cross bars that sit on the longitudinal rails of the vehicle. The Unistrut is strong enough to span the longitudinal rails and act as cross bars while directly bolting to the tent bottom using the available strut system hardware.

Unfortunately I can’t find any pictures of the bottom of my Tepui with crossbars I made from the 1-5/8 strut and some little pads welded and drilled to allow easy bolting to the longitudinal rails of my Gobi rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94