[SOLD] 2000 FWC Hawk with or without 2004 Ford F250

ndb

SOLD

I am selling my 2000 FWC Hawk with or without accompanying 2004 Ford F-250, due to a recent job change and move abroad. The Ford/Hawk combo have taken me and my wife on many great excursions for climbing, hiking, skiing, and general glamping to the envy of tent and trailer camping neighbors everywhere. We really want to a new person, couple, or small family to enjoy this setup as much as we have on- or off-road!

Preferably selling the camper+truck as a pair for $12,750 OBO. Offering the FWC Hawk alone for $8,750.

We are the third owners of this setup, so the camper and truck are both in a “used” condition, but turn-key for the next adventure, whether that's getting out to the crag or to the base of the backcountry ski approach.

The camper is an updated 2000 FWC Hawk and includes:

- Gas strut roof lift assists, front and back
- Built-in forced air propane furnace with thermostat,
- Cold weather “Thermal pack” interior fabric liners
- 3-way Dometic refrigerator,
- Two-burner propane cookstove,
- Front dinette arrangement
- Built-in 12-gallon freshwater tank,
- Shurflo On-demand water pump,
- Auxiliary battery,
- CTEK D250S Dual Battery management unit (solar ready),
- Installed propane tank + one extra tank
- Exterior LED lighting (rear and side)
- Dometic Catalina 2500 awning
- Sink
- Exterior fresh water access for showering, dish washing, etc.
- New Kiddie Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke/CO Alarm
- Propane gas alarm
- Built-in storage cabinets
- Two powered fantastic vents (one above the bed and one above the stove)
- Seating for 2 adults + 1-2 kids
- Comes with all four mechanical jacks
- Updated front lifting panel inside camper and additional work by FWC
- Loads of extras and miscellaneous camping gear, including an unused portable toilet, an exterior gas and fresh-water jerry cans with exterior mounts, camp chairs and table, plates/silverware/etc., and more

The 2004 Ford F-250 Super-duty XLT crew cab has a 5.4-liter V8 engine that just surpassed 201k miles. 4x4 to get you away from crowds. Recently (@198k) replaced the front and rear brake rotors and pads, and front sway bar end links and bushings. Interior is leather two-tone (green-beige). Also, just installed tint on front and back windows to discourage looky-loos when parked or camping. Added WeatherTech floormats in the front driver and passenger floors. Updated audio deck with external connection for phones, etc. Custom locking center console. Nerf bars for easy access into the truck. Equipped with Cooper Discoverer AT/3 tires that have approx. 20k miles left. Front and rear Blistein 5100 shock absorbers.

Offering the Hawk alone for $8,750. Preferably selling the camper+truck as a pair for $12,750 OBO. Please contact if you're in the area to tour or test drive.

Cheers

SOLD

Last edited:

MotoMind

This was on sale on expedition portal by a German couple about a year ago, they used it for a long US vacation with their young baby and parked it for a bit then flew back to sell it. Did you buy it from them? Seemed like a nice rig, I would have bought it if not for the 5.4 engine, but I got an old 1994 F350 with a "reliable" 460 and paid out the nose fixing dumb old stuff anyway...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ndb

ndb

This was on sale on expedition portal by a German couple about a year ago, they used it for a long US vacation with their young baby and parked it for a bit then flew back to sell it. Did you buy it from them? Seemed like a nice rig, I would have bought it if not for the 5.4 engine, but I got an old 1994 F350 with a "reliable" 460 and paid out the nose fixing dumb old stuff anyway...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yup same one. We bought it from the people who bought it from the German couple. Great rig, depite everyone's unnecessary hate for the engine. Worked well for us on and off road because it was decently taken care of.

ndb

Updated/bumped to reflect that we're willing to part the truck and camper. Also, I forgot to post the price like a noob.

Last edited:

ndb

Bump. Pending sale fell through. New lower price: $13,500 for the pair. $9,000 for the camper!

ndb

Hmmm... just found out through FWC it's a model year 2000 and not a 1998 (?!). Updated post and a good excuse for a bump.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
This is the first FWC I've seen with that Dinette configuration. I've seen newer "Front Dinettes" but they include a bump-out on the forward wall that limits the leg room such that in a Hawk you cannot seat 3 people at the dinette. Coupled with the different kitchen which extends the passenger side bench, this layout is a lot more usable if you plan to seat 3-4 people on a regular basis.

I'm sending this to the wife. This might be a layout we could live with.

EDIT: Some additional questions:
Looks like there's no under-cabover-bed storage, correct?
I don't see cushions for the cabover bed, are they included?
I expected that the front dinette would be usable as an East/West (transverse) 2nd bunk, but on 2nd look I'm not sure. Can you sleep 3?

Last edited:

ndb

This is the first FWC I've seen with that Dinette configuration. I've seen newer "Front Dinettes" but they include a bump-out on the forward wall that limits the leg room such that in a Hawk you cannot seat 3 people at the dinette. Coupled with the different kitchen which extends the passenger side bench, this layout is a lot more usable if you plan to seat 3-4 people on a regular basis.

I'm sending this to the wife. This might be a layout we could live with.

EDIT: Some additional questions:
I expected that the front dinette would be usable as an East/West (transverse) 2nd bunk, but on 2nd look I'm not sure. Can you sleep 3?
Hey there. Thanks for the questions! At some point in this camper's life it was updated from a side dinette to a front dinette and we're not sure when that conversion happened or who did it. The information wasn't passed onto us because the previous owner said it wasn't passed onto him.... We've hit a dead end on researching it so we gave up. We're only 2 people and it was perfect. 3 would work for seating. 4 would be really cramped inside any FWC in any layout.

Correct. I don't think they did the storage area here on the older campers, but I could be wrong....

Didn't come with cushions or a mattress, so you'd have to come up with that yourself. We bought a foam mattress off of amazon and cut it to size.

When the interior was rearranged, they didn't build out the front dinette for a 2nd bunk. Wouldn't be too difficult to convert yourself if you wanted to stealth camp or had a third. The north/south bench on the passenger's side measures ~59 inches, for what it's worth. You could sleep a small human there. In fact, that's what some previous owners did with their young child: https://expeditionportal.com/buy-this-truck-and-drive-to-south-america-for-the-price-of-a-rubicon/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles