Lowa Boots A+++

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ive posted a few comments about the Lowa Tibet and how solid a boot it is.

Today I finally retired mine from active duty. Weekend dayhikes only now.
During our last backpacking trip, a rugged 5 day 35 mile trip the midsole started to go.

15+ years, an estimated 750+ heavy backpacking miles, one resole by a local cobbler, two sets of laces, and one replacement pair of Lowa insoles later, they are officially neat end of life.
Ive had a popped stitch or two repaired over the years, and have applied a few coats of boot guard, wrapping the lower like the new boots come with, but thats it.
Oh, and treated with good old SnoSeal twice a season since new. Zero leather breakdown.

A few weeks ago I contacted the small local outdoor gear store I purchased the Tibets from. 3 owners later, but still in business, and the current owner is an old co-worked friend of mine.
With the Tibets on backorder until mid-late 2023, I opted for the Baffin Pro II, also in Leather lined. I picked them up today :cool:

Best I can tell is at one point the Baffin Pro was the only Leather Lined option, and the Tibet was only available in GTX (goretex)
Now that the Tibet is also available in LL, they are essentially the same boot. Only difference I can spot it the fabric ankle cuff is a different color.

Being $400 + tax, if I get HALF the life out of these that I did the old, Im a happy camper.

View attachment 308965819_1255655531886579_7125593646436310603_n.mp4

52381342249_d52ec202af_b.jpg

0104224037.jpg

carleton

Also of note, we were recently shopping for boots for hiking that we could also use on our large lot thinning project (ie, chainsawing & moving lots of wood)....and also comply with NPS and FS uniform regulations (both of us are Feds here).

The Baffins came up because they are used extensively by wildland fire crews as their boot of choice.

Sid Post

Observer
Lowa leather boots are the bomb! They fit my feet wonderfully and last a really long time.

Sure they are expensive upfront but, besides comfort with heavy loads in hard terrain, they are cheaper to own than a half dozen cheaper pairs of boots!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I’ve got a pair of the Lowa Renegade GTX and they are the most comfy boots I’ve ever had.

A few months ago I picked up a set of Renegade GTX on sale.

They are my every day boots now. Lots of reasons they are so stinking popular.
They are FAR from the boot the Baffin/Tibet is, being considerably lighter duty.
But they are comfortable, lightweight, and sturdy (enough)
I put 16-20k steps on them every day. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94