Low Mile V10 Quigley Van//Overpriced IMO

rawtoxic

I think it's a little high but if you are going to put all the work into a build it's nice knowing it's going into something like this that will last and also hold it's resale value well. One thing here is the seller is including nationwide shipping and he's obviously put some sort of value on that, I'm guessing show up with a good attitude and pocket full of cash you could drive out for $30k range. After you've spent 100's of hours on mods and many weeks traveling you will be thankful you opted for a nice starting point (if you can swing it financially)

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Would I pay that price no. But that being said there are plenty of 4x4 Ford vans in the 20s. But they are all driven loads higher mileage wear and tear etc. so its really up to the buyer. This is the going rate for 4x4 vans. Do a conversion yourself for 10-12K in parts plus labor or labor it yourself. Or have Chris at Ujoint do it for 20-25K. 4x4 vans are in demand

XTRALND

It's got a HOLE lot of problems I couldn't deal with.........as in holes.......everywhere. That kills the value to me, low mileage or not. I'd say it's worth 20k but I don't speak #vanlife very well anymore. Some idiot would probably give $50k for it. "Dude, it's 4wd!!!!!"
That's kinda where I'm at. 20-25k would be justified.

XTRALND

Would I pay that price no. But that being said there are plenty of 4x4 Ford vans in the 20s. But they are all driven loads higher mileage wear and tear etc. so its really up to the buyer. This is the going rate for 4x4 vans. Do a conversion yourself for 10-12K in parts plus labor or labor it yourself. Or have Chris at Ujoint do it for 20-25K. 4x4 vans are in demand
I feel like its not too hard to find a really nice 2wd e350 with 80k-140k miles for around $6k or under. Even with a $25k 4x4 conversion, you'd be around the price of this dude's asking price and have a much nicer van in my opinion.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I feel like its not too hard to find a really nice 2wd e350 with 80k-140k miles for around $6k or under. Even with a $25k 4x4 conversion, you'd be around the price of this dude's asking price and have a much nicer van in my opinion.

That’s the same (but unrealistic) problem I have comp pricing rigs these days. It’s pretty easy find the KBB and then add up the cost of all of the (depreciated) mods...and I always come up way short of the crazy prices being demanded by the sellers. So, supply and demand clearly are trumping any accumulated, but dissected component costs.

But that being said, right now on the left coast there are two different 2003 E350 4wd built Vans (pop up roofs, fully camperized interiors) selling for @ $70k! Sooooo....

Porkchopexpress

I briefly considered trying to buy a new body on frame van and convert it to 4wd. I would have ended up paying the same as an F350 but an effectively lower trim level. 4wd camper vans are also very expensive compared to buying a 4wd truck and adding a slide in camper. If you want a 4wd van, you will pay a premium. Therefore, I feel the seller is probably asking about what the market will pay. However, I agree that it's not a good value.

XTRALND

That’s the same (but unrealistic) problem I have comp pricing rigs these days. It’s pretty easy find the KBB and then add up the cost of all of the (depreciated) mods...and I always come up way short of the crazy prices being demanded by the sellers. So, supply and demand clearly are trumping any accumulated, but dissected component costs.

But that being said, right now on the left coast there are two different 2003 E350 4wd built Vans (pop up roofs, fully camperized interiors) selling for @ $70k! Sooooo....
I actually bought a V10 E350 about a year ago with 35k miles for around $8k. The project fell through and I sold the van. I was gearing up to do a 4wd swap with Agile Offroad before they stopped converting vans. I would have been all in for about $28k excluding the interior buildout. Reason I sold is I didn't need 2 projects and I can't imagine selling my low mile V8 4runner for a Ford van.

XTRALND

I briefly considered trying to buy a new body on frame van and convert it to 4wd. I would have ended up paying the same as an F350 but an effectively lower trim level. 4wd camper vans are also very expensive compared to buying a 4wd truck and adding a slide in camper. If you want a 4wd van, you will pay a premium. Therefore, I feel the seller is probably asking about what the market will pay. However, I agree that it's not a good value.
The way I see it, I may as well patiently wait to find a super clean 2wd e350 and do the swap the right way. It'll take more time than simply buying a van like this but the end result will be a much more capable and well built rig for quite possibly less than this guy wants.

Choff

Adventurer
The way I see it, I may as well patiently wait to find a super clean 2wd e350 and do the swap the right way. It'll take more time than simply buying a van like this but the end result will be a much more capable and well built rig for quite possibly less than this guy wants.

Clean like this one ?

Porkchopexpress

I agree about alternatives converting clean 2wd body on frame vans. You could also buy an all wheel drive sprinter or transit but they wouldn't have the same potential for off road capabilities.
To play devils advocate, quigley probably has a long wait period right now and with the rate of inflation, you might end up paying more by the time they get to your van. If I was seriously interested, I would definitely put down a deposit to lock in current prices, (assuming quigley gives you the option).
Obviously if you have tools, space and ability to do a conversion yourself then that would be ideal.

Craig_C

Quigley is only doing newer vans. 2016 and newer with less than 60k miles. That is from when I talked with a salesman this fall. There is a place in Illinois that has maybe 20 or so e series vans for $5-10k. Although, I don’t think there was one v10. I found them looking through truck trader.

If you like that van get ahold of the seller and make an offer that you think is reasonable. The worst that they can do is say, “no”. I would start out by asking a few questions to show your interested.
I just looked your both from California, things are just more expensive there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles