Low Mile V10 Quigley Van//Overpriced IMO

jlcanterbury

At that price I'd rather buy a 10 year newer Nissan NV with a 5.6 and get the conversion done for 12k. Probably could be under 35k if you shop around for vans. Plus more HP and driver cabin space.

I don't know much about the Nissan Chassis, are those body-on frame? I've always steered far away from the sprinter platform favoring the durability, reliability of a Ford chassis (and easier/cheaper servicing). How does that compare to a Ford,
The Ford trucks and 4x4 van conversions seem so much more robust for any serious off-road driving. Is Nissan a contender too?

Porkchopexpress

I don't know much about the Nissan Chassis, are those body-on frame? I've always steered far away from the sprinter platform favoring the durability, reliability of a Ford chassis (and easier/cheaper servicing). How does that compare to a Ford,
The Ford trucks and 4x4 van conversions seem so much more robust for any serious off-road driving. Is Nissan a contender too?
Nissan NV and Chevy express/GMC Savanah are body on frame. You can still get a Ford E series cutaway which is also body on frame. I believe those are the only holdouts from switching over to unibody which is more space efficient on the inside but not as durable for off roading. I am of the opinion that pretty much all brands of new trucks should be pretty reliable if you take care of them.

jenren81

There is a place in Illinois that has maybe 20 or so e series vans for $5-10k. Although, I don’t think there was one v10. I found them looking through truck trader.

do you happen to know the name of the place/link that you saw in IL? I’m starting to shop for vans...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94