Lovin my NCX !!!

lonestrom

Adventurer
Bought a 2012 Honda NC700X about 6 months ago ( and 10,000 miles ) and love it.I set it up with a K60 rear,TKC80 front,hand guards,bar risers,heated grips ( home made for less than $20 ) GIVI rack system,my old E46's and a alum rack.I mounted a 2 gallon RotoPax on the rack and headed for Alaska.Offroad I get around 72-75mpg and commuting I average 63mpg.I traded in a 2007 DL1000 for it and offroad the X is much better ( FOR ME ).
y2eraded.jpg

8eza4aze.jpg

yja8yby9.jpg

da8ymega.jpg

2y6yja3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Impressive trip!

When the NCX first came out, I was pretty underwhelmed by the specs (Power/weight). My thinking was why wouldn't somebody just get a 2nd gen Wee Strom for about the same price. But when I had a chance to actually throw a leg over one (didn't ride it), I was shocked at how light it felt - regardless of actual weight. After hearing lots of owners rave about their NCXs, I have to wonder if it is one of the bikes were the total is greater than the sum of its parts and the specs don't do it justice.

I will also say, coming from a DL1000 as well, the quality difference between the Honda and your old Vee must be incredible. My VFR is 6 years older than my Vee, but the difference in quality/refinement is amazing. The big Vee can be a real value - but it is anything but refined!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
That is just awesome! You do know the media was quick to say these bikes are only for commuting. That's one helluva long commute you just did. :)

lonestrom

Adventurer
If you look close at the NC you will see that the lay down engine design keeps most of the weight below the riders knees.Also the under seat fuel tank kerps the 3.7 gallons well below the seat in front of the rear tire.This bike feels like a 450 offroad,I just have to keep telling myself that it's NOT !!.
Next July I'm leading a group of atleast 7 bikes over the WABDR,and most are NCX's..
And YES this bike is years ahead of the DL in refinement !!.

haven

Expedition Leader
Http://rideapart.com/2013/02/rideapart-review-honda-nc700x/

Ride Apart put off-road tires on an NC700X and rode it in a Taste of Dakar weekend. They loved it.

"The Verdict:
The NC700X isn't the fastest motorcycle on the market. It's not the sexiest either. Or even the cheapest or the most broadly-capable. Instead, it's simply capable of going anywhere any other motorcycle can, at an affordable price, using very little fuel and excelling in practicality."

lonestrom

Adventurer
+++++++111111.
With alittle more sorting I wouldn't be afraid of taking it RTW !!.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
How about some updates on your NC700X and your long term thoughts. I see you posting on ADV in the NC700 threads. Lots of good info there.

Have you upgraded your skid plate?

I'm seriously considering one of these as my next bike.

lonestrom

Adventurer
I 'm loving the bike,MPG's are all over the place ( 53-63 ).I put it back to pavement only duty and so far have about 16,000 miles on it in just over a year.

gmtech

Observer
what do you think about the gas tank fill under the rear seat?
is it a problem on long trips? also what do you usualy store in the false gas tank area?
it is a nifty little bike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke