Love your tires??

dinobody

Observer
What tires do you like on your full size vans or trucks? I have had pretty good luck with B.F.G. A/T I run 305/70 16 On a 2003 E350 Quigley With a 7.3 P.S.

jfarsang

Adventurer
Goodyear Duratrac's. 22k miles, wearing well and the best part is that it excels in all conditions ahead of any other tire I've driven on. Can't fault it anywhere, rain, ice, snow, slippery dust, dirt, mud, rock,etc...

r_w

Adventurer
Michelin LTX for on pavement, any condition.

Bridgestone duellers for pavement and fireroads.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
On my Sportsmobile I really loved the Nitto Trail Grapplers..I ran both 33's on 17in wheels and the upgraded to the 35x10.5x17 (I think that was the size)...those gave a ton of sidewall for airing down an 11,000lb rig.
40,000 miles with never a flat or any issue running on rock, mud, snow and sand in a way too tall & heavy rig :)

dsw4x4

Adventurer
On heavy vans here is what I have used and what I thought of them.
Swamper truxus 37 ran good and quiet on road great in snow but wore out super fast needed a lot of weight to keep balanced
toyo mud terrain 37 good all around tire wears fast probably as fast as the truxus which was way to fast, balance pretty good
toyo at 35 wears much better than the toyo and super swamper great all around on road tire not much experience off road balance good
hankook dynapros mts 33 and 37s wear like iron, rock in the snow and mud and about the same amount of sound on road as the swampers and toyos and they are cheaper tire is very true and balances out very easily and stays balanced with no problem.
I ran some bfg muds on a diesel truck and had problems with broken belts and balancing and they wore pretty quick. Used them for years on my jeep and fought with afew broken belts on those tires to but they took a beating all the time.
I put a set of hankook dynapro at's on a van I built then drove it 200 miles I liked them they handled and rode good and were quiet.
My tire shop I buy a lot of tires from really has had great feed back from the duratracks so I may try a set of those out down the road.
I keep going back to the dynapro mt I like it for me. Not many people really need a mt but for where I live and the fact that my van is used mostly for off road trail trips and exploring I need the mt's. I never try to sell people on mud tires because if you figure out how much off road use your van is going to see it usually is just a waist of money. Hope that helps I have done gobs and gobs of research on tires and it always comes down to vehicle weight and how you plan to use it. Good luck with your choice.
Derek

jaggedfish

Observer
Goodyear Duratrac's. 22k miles, wearing well and the best part is that it excels in all conditions ahead of any other tire I've driven on. Can't fault it anywhere, rain, ice, snow, slippery dust, dirt, mud, rock,etc...

Agreed! Mine are doing very well also on the Delica. A little "hummy" on the roads but not so much that it makes me crazy. I don't mind a bit of noise when I can have the confidence on and off road any time of year.

Sebori

Observer
I was running Treadwright Guard Dog MT in a 285/70/17 and I was really impressed with them. Never really considered using a retread but I really got my money's worth. Liked them so much I'm waiting on a second set.

I put 70K on them have about 20% tread left and they were comfortable. Because of the tread pattern there is a hummmm but you get use to it.

The performance was completely awesome. Snow, Mud, Sand, Rocks it always got me through. Pricing is great to.

I don't know if 70K+ is normal. I rotated them often every 5K and that's usually once a month.

While waiting on the second set. I put on my original tires which I had about 10K before switching over to the treadwrights.

These are the Hankook MT. I can't say anything bad about them and they handle nice in all terrain. Haven't taken them in any off road situation.

arz

Adventurer
I've got Cooper Discoverer STT in 265/75R16. They were on there when I bought it. They didnt look brand new, but they were pretty new. I've gotten about 25k miles out of them and they need to be replaced.

I'm sure they made some noise, but I really couldn't tell over the motor.

My driving this thing is 95% street/highway, and recently has been probably 40% towing.

Next tires will probably be the same or a slightly taller tire, with an AT pattern and load range E (current ones are E)

I would have no problem getting another set of these, but I don't feel I need an MT.

eldogg

I have 305/70/16 Mickey Thompson ATZ on my Chevy k2500 and LOVE THEM. No van yet. Still looking for the perfect one.......

shantsn

Anybody else have good luck with the Hankook Dynapro M/T or the Goodyear Dura trac?

I've got some duratraks on my FJ and am really happy with them. I haven't had any issues on any of the trails I've run (nothing too crazy), and I got a pretty decent deal on them. Ive had them for almost 10k miles and they still look new.

btw, if your a supporter of treadlightly you get a $100 rebate on the duratraks.

greengreer

Adventurer
Another fan of Duratrac's here. Running 235/85/16 on a '98 chevy 3/4ton. Awesome traction in loam and mud, ride good on the road. The only noise I get from them is a low hum around hard corners. Can't wait to try them in the snow, which shouldnt be too much longer here.
If only Goodyear made them in 255/85/16!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles