Love my new Canon 24-105 L series lens!!

pismo62

Adventurer
I ordered a new lens for my Canon 30D. The 24-105 zoom lens.

Gotto say it's very nice. I love the versitility, and clarity.

Here's a couple shot up in Big Sur.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Great lens. I'd like to get that one. I have a gap now between my 17-40 & 70-200. That's got IS right?

pismo62

Adventurer
I almost went with a non-zoom. But after my research and Jeffrey's killer Trophy 07 photo class I went with the versitile Zoom.
Although, someday I'd love a fish eye.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I was shopping online today for one of these. My 24-70 f/2.8 is a nice lens, but it's big, heavy, and worst of all, 70-mm is pretty darn short sometimes.

When I can allocate some money I will add this lens to the tool box.

Scott Brady

Founder
Redline said:
I was shopping online today for one of these. My 24-70 f/2.8 is a nice lens, but it's big, heavy, and worst of all, 70-mm is pretty darn short sometimes.

When I can allocate some money I will add this lens to the tool box.

The 24-105 is really heavy too, but surprisingly compact for the focal range. Mine has been bombproof.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I remember seeing your 24-105 at the Trophy... more range in a smaller package. The only thing I have to give up is one F-stop, which is not an issue most of the time.

They are both heavy, but looking at the specs on B&H's site, the 24-70 weighs 2.1-lbs and the 24-105 is 1.5-lbs. Not night & day but I bet it's noticeable :)

expeditionswest said:
The 24-105 is really heavy too, but surprisingly compact for the focal range. Mine has been bombproof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94