LOTS OF CONDENSATION IN A TEPUI TENT

sipaez

Hello there,
This year I had the chance of camping a lot in my roof top tent, and when it started getting cold(ish) (40f-15f) I noticed that the condensation inside was too much. I'm not sure if is an user error or if these tents are not well designed.
Anyone else having problems with condensation with @TEPUI tents?

Thanks

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
It's physics... Warm air condenses on the cold tent fabric. One reason we sold our ARB tent... Only way to eliminate this is with a dry heat source. That means NO Mr. Buddy heater :)

billiebob

crack a couple of windows, light a candle
And is the rain fly on? If not keep the roof clear of snow and frost. I think the rain fly is more important in winter than summer.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Cracking windows and adding a small battery fan to help circulate air will help tremendously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

762X39

Explorer
Or you could stop breathing, I know... not very helpful. Ventilation is the key. And as mentioned, no propane heat. You will have to accept the fact that condensation happens. Unless of course you have a nice woodstove or electric heater. I have found that a nice sleeping bag (I use a Woods Arctic Bag that is big enough for 2) and knowing that midnight pee trips mean freezing cold is how it is...

Kerensky97

Xterra101
My Tepui had some of the lowest condensation I've ever had in a tent. But I always kept the windows open a crack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94