Lost gp expo build

gmwelder86

Adventurer
Still waiting for my lost_gp plate but figure I would start a build thread so here we go. Started with a 2014 jkur in dune with half doors. Later learned this was an order only option. Drove the jeep stock for 6 months thsn built a rack for the back, installed some lights and was good. Although wanting a lift it wasn't in the cards. Than comes a chance to do something I always wanted to do, a trip to moab. So the spending started. Rock krawler stock mod kit from northridge, posion spyder bfh front bumper, ebay reay bumbler with tire carrier. Modded the stock rubicon sliders with a step, more engine and tranny skid, 2m radio and cb. Jerry can and hi lift on tire carrier. During moab realized the rock krawler springs couldn't take the weight of a fully loaded jku so I ordered a set of ome 620s for the rear and they handle the jeep and tent trailer just fine. Future mods will be 35s, trussed front axle, winch and a 50qt arb fridge in the near future, as well as Psc hood panel. This weekend I'll be redoing the jerry can rack to add a second can and changing how I carry the hi lift.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

gmwelder86

Adventurer
It sat pretty level till loaded down than the rear was way low. On the moab trip I was probably an inch or so off the bump stops the entire time

gmwelder86

Adventurer
Well got the rack work done although the storage rack on the rear will have to wait for another day with some more fab time. Now have to scepter cans locked and ready to go with fuel. Secured with a stainless padlock through 2x1/8" flat bar, shouldn't be going anywhere. Hi lift still mounted behind gas cans. Plans for a rack in between the cans with tie off points for an awning going from the rack to a couple collapsable polls to cover the rear of the jk in the planning stages. Also had my helper out with me today for inspiration and decided shade would be nice while working out of the jeep

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 18

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great looking Jeep. 1/2 doors look awesome.

X2 :beer:

I like your "re-badging" work. Unique, and well done.

The rear rack is something I really wanted as well. your rear bumper is coming out awesome.
I've always thought that if I had half doors, I'd get a piece of satin black vinyl wrap for the B pillars, just to finish out that area.

Any way, great build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke