Looks like the wife's Frontier fell victim to the popular fuel sending unit problem

Nesnaitsirhc

Observer
Her Frontier is sitting at the dealership waiting for service. On the way home from work it started missing bad and all the dashboard warning lights came on. Then as suddenly as it started, it ended. The scanner showed the fuel sending unit code.

So much for our day trip to the mountians. :(

Peck

Observer
The warranty was extended for the FSU, so hopefully there is no out of pocket expense there.

You still could have gone to the mountains, you'd just have to be more mindful of your fuel consumption. Mine has been out since I got back from Moab in may (actually the very hour I got home it bellied up) and I've been fine since. Ran out of gas once just because I'm a dolt, but no other hiccups.

Nesnaitsirhc

Observer
We got it back last night. Everything seems fine so far. We were just outside the extended warranty on the FSU but found out that we were still covered under an additional extended warranty that the dealership included at the time of purchase. So we ended up out the door for $100 deductible.

Didn't they just add the 2005's to the recall?

Yeah, got a letter for my Frontier. Out of mileage though. I'll live with it since I run a 5gal can on the back and use my ScanGuage.

My wife's Xterra will get it fixed though... Just sucks for a 2hr drive + repair + 2hr drove home from the nearest dealership. :(

Peck

Observer
Yeah that definitely understandable. I haven't gotten the notice but I'm at 76K'ish miles and that's over the new warranty. Whatever. Like I said, it hasn't really been a bother. I'll have to fix it soon though as inspection is up in Feburary. I could skirt by it and not worry, but I need to just suck it up and deal with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne