Looking to lift a new purchase - Dodge B3500

We recently acquired a class b RV based on the Dodge B3500 chassis. We have a LOT of modifications planned to equip this for travel outside of the US but right now I'm researching our options to lift it a few inches. I tried posting on the Dodge forum but those guys have no imagination and just said "don't do it!". :Wow1:

It's 1999 Dodge 3500 Ram Van, gas, 2wd, the 19' one-ton van with a 5.2L V8 and automatic transmission. Equipped with air ride system. I've tried searching unsuccessfully online for a lift kit and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
00B0B_bXdntU2lOYJ_600x450.jpg
00N0N_608IngAq8Sf_600x450.jpg
00X0X_692trPQD8Rm_600x450.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

bdp1978

Adventurer
I have absolutely nothing to contribute on this...............other than I cant WAIT to see you do it! So much awesomeness in this idea.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Rear suspension ought to be simple, new springs and shocks (though not sure what that does to the air ride.) As for the front, how similar is the front suspension on that van to the 2wd pickups of the same era? Might be able to find something intended for a 2wd pickup that can work on your van with a little tweaking. Manufacturers don't like to reinvent the wheel so I'd bet there are a lot of shared parts between that van's front suspension and the pickups of the same era. Also that van body style was made from the mid 1970's up through at least 1999 so the odds are good that SOMEONE has run into this issue before.

bdog1

Adventurer
Get in the the van thread, under campers tab. Lots of activity there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also might want to give U-joint offroad a call. They are in Asheville, NC so a good ways away from you but they should have some knowledge and if you ever want a 4wd conversion they do phenomenal work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles