Looking to buy an 2015 FG72s

rockland213

Hello
Im new to the Fuso market and want to get an Fuso to build a camper/moto hauler. I found a 2015 FG72 and looking for advice on whether or not this is a reliable base? I saw there was some problems with the emissions system and not sure if these repairs have been done by Fuso ( Im checking with the dealer)

Does anyone have any input as to why or why not to get this Truck? Things to look for? Encouragement?
Should I remove the aluminum bed and start from scratch or build a box to slide on the existing bed ?

Attachments

• fuso.jpg
    fuso.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 22

MJCake1

I have a 2015 FG72S with about 50k on her. It has been reliable, no problems. The dealer has issued a recall for emissions which I have not done yet necause of my remote location and the distance to a dealer.
The motor is not going to win any races so I would keep it light.

rockland213

I have a 2015 FG72S with about 50k on her. It has been reliable, no problems. The dealer has issued a recall for emissions which I have not done yet necause of my remote location and the distance to a dealer.
The motor is not going to win any races so I would keep it light.

What kind of MPG you get?

rockland213

Thanks

Fuso dealer got back with me and said all the recalls have been finished on this truck .
Now I just have to wait till me and the owner can get together to make the deal, Hopefully early next week.

rockland213

They were asking 25000 US ...... I am making a deal to trade two Toyota Land Cruisers for the Fuso. I don’t have near that in the land cruisers

rockland213

Pretty good deal!
Ya i figured it is also , I do have allot of time in building the Land Cruisers but I get way more enjoyment out of building them then I do having them set in my barn and driving My wife says I have to get rid of something before getting a new project so it works out.
red 40.jpgblue 40.jpg

onemanarmy

Explorer
whats up with the weird body work on those 40s? Hs the dealer seen those? Those are far from stock and not worth that much.

rockland213

whats up with the weird body work on those 40s? Hs the dealer seen those? Those are far from stock and not worth that much.

You are correct, they are not stock.
If they were stock I would be looking to trade a fully built Fuso expedition Rig
I take it you must be a Toyota purest? TLCA member?

rockland213

F1C2C2F6-BD74-4D2F-8D00-0536501341E1.jpeg41A57B21-D2D5-414D-89D4-DC24BD5FF2AA.jpeg3836C6AA-4C66-40E7-8A01-507BCDEA92DA.jpeg
finally was able to get together and finish the deal. Drove home great but the wife is not crazy about the passenger seat. Hopping to get super singles and new tires soon
Anyone know of any deals on singles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles