Looking to buy a used late model off road or hybrid Hiker trailer or teardrop trailer

Jconlan

Hi everyone, we are looking to buy a used teardrop or “hiker trailer” for the first time... we have 3 kids under 7 and we’re looking at 5x10 or 5x11, but want to buy from a reputable manufacturer (easy to insure, etc). We liked a couple at SoCal teardrop but was so expensive!! I think Used is the way to go. Trying to stay under $18k if possible. Would love ttc, awning, off road, and all those other modern luxuries women and children need to make our lives easier :). Any recommendations or advice is totally welcome. We are first timers!

hankgs

Adventurer
I've got a 2016 Rockwood off road tent trailer. It is the smallest version but has a Queen , full and a dinette that makes into a bed... Tent trailers are awesome as they are huge when opened, all windows (tinted vinyl), zip open to fine mesh screens for an even more "open" feel when sleeping off the ground. It's also nice to trailer it, set up camp (7 mins) and leave to 4x4 and explore in your vehicle or go into town without breaking down your camp... I have used it probably 35 nights during the last year- Just about always boondocking on some side road or desert spot. Check out the Rockwood Extreme Sports Package Tent trailers (ESP), Mine is the 1640ESP... It am considering selling it (Cheap) as a Airstream is coming my way through family and I can't keep two trailers on my property...

Attachments

• 20171009_143219.jpg
    20171009_143219.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,088
  • 20170823_075705 (1).jpg
    20170823_075705 (1).jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,602
  • 20170621_102846.jpg
    20170621_102846.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,401
Last edited:

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I have a 5x8 Hiker extreme off road that I an thinking of selling. you could add a RTT for the kids

CO4Runner

@Jconlan There is a used Hiker Facebook group that has a couple listed. Look it up. I don't know if it is a closed group or not, but you request access if closed

Jconlan

I've got a 2016 Rockwood off road tent trailer. It is the smallest version but has a Queen , full and a dinette that makes into a bed... Tent trailers are awesome as they are huge when opened, all windows (tinted vinyl), zip open to fine mesh screens for an even more "open" feel when sleeping off the ground. It's also nice to trailer it, set up camp (7 mins) and leave to 4x4 and explore in your vehicle or go into town without breaking down your camp... I have used it probably 35 nights during the last year- Just about always boondocking on some side road or desert spot. Check out the Rockwood Extreme Sports Package Tent trailers (ESP), Mine is the 1640ESP... It am considering selling it (Cheap) as a Airstream is coming my way through family and I can't keep two trailers on my property...

Thank you, I will show my husband!

Considering selling my 2017 Hiker 5x9 offroad w/nearly every option offered and then some. AFAIK, only a few 5x10 offroads have even been made and those were all sold very recently so I wouldn't expect them to come up for sale anytime soon. If you're interested please email me at danasince1979@gmail.com.

CO4Runner

Thank you, I will check it out now... is it just called "Used Hiker" group?
It is called "Pre-owned Hiker Trailers Buy/Sell Group". I just checked and it is a public group now. A couple 5x8 highway deluxes listed for sale there. So if you're looking for bigger, you'll need to monitor the group or take @danasince1979 up on their offer.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
I have the last 6x10 hiker trailer, I picked it up in May of 2017 and am thinking of selling it in a couple of months. Price will be around $22,000 but it is fully loaded. PM me and I can give you more details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles