Looking to buy a Roam Vagabond

sipaez

Does anyone have good or bad things to say about the Roam rooftop tents?
I haven't found a lot of reviews about them. They seem well made and good price for what you get.

Thanks

m3lover1

I have the standard size (medium now, when I bought mine they didn't have the lite version yet), and my uncle has the large version. First RTT so no comparisons with others, but so far we are loving it. The only complaint my uncle has really the effort and time it takes to set up and take down. It's not bad, he's also just a little lazy lol. But this issue is not on Roam, it's inherent on all soft shell RTT. The materials are nice, mattress feels great, and it keeps warm. Last time out it was pretty chilly and windy (by the ocean), so climbing up before going to bed all of us wore long pants and tops. Personally I had on long pants, thermal, tshirt, and a hoodie. 15 mins in I removed the hoodie, another 15 mins in I removed tshirt, then after that I swapped the thermal for a tshirt and then felt comfortable. For reference I had to go down middle of the night, I climbed down, and immediately went back up to get my hoodie on cause it was too cold.

At the price point I really don't think you can beat it for its value. It lacks the usb ports, etc that I think some of the pricier CVT tents have included, but I don't really miss it. THey have great customer service too so that's a plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94