Looking for upgrade ideas on my custom build

VanDrunken

Hey folks,
I am pretty new to EP and also overlanding, but I wanted to reach out to the community and get some advice on what upgrades could work with my build. A bit of background: I decided to build a trailer for two main reasons.

1. To free up the roof of my Jeep so I can bring my canoe and other large items (My Jeep is also my daily driver and putting that big tent on/off can be a pain as I need to get a strong friend)
  2. To allow us on longer stays to have full use of our vehicle so we can detach, and cruise around without the need to breakdown camp.

I've attached some photos of my trailer that I designed and had fabricated on Vancouver Island by Express Custom. (They did a fantastic job and the quality of the fab and welding was top notch).

I'll try to describe what I've got here:
  • full aluminum body with steel axle
  • Freespirit Recreation Hi-Country 5-person RTT (my girlfriend and 3 dogs)
  • rear barn door with full sized spare
  • left front door is completely enclosed, and has a slideout for my ARB fridge
  • right side door is currently being used for tool, battery, charge controller storage (it's connected but not mounted, just thrown in there at the moment)
  • the rear door has a full heavy duty slide-out so all my gear is easily accessible (thinking of getting some WolfPacks for storage)
  • the rear storage also has an adjustable shelf that can slide up and down depending on my storage needs

Ideas:
  • add outer boxes above wheel wells for kitchen or other storage
  • hot water? shower? (currently have a shower bag)
  • awning (currently have a tarp that I tie to the Jeep/trailer and a nearby tree)

Challenges:
- 12v power is not my forte, and I would love to learn how to design and build my own custom system is a safe and reliable way

Open to any and all ideas!

Attachments

• file3.jpeg
    file3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 25
  • file-1.jpeg
    file-1.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 28
  • file1-1.jpeg