Looking for tall skinny tires

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Skinny tires are not a good choice for snow unless you like to dig down in the stuff instead of riding over it. Same applies to mud and it took diffing my Willys down to the axles a couple time to fully appreciate the error in my choice of tire.

You obviously do not drive much in the snow.

ripperj

Explorer
Montereyman- I think we can assume that the OP is driving on a snow covered road, and is looking to cut thru the snow to the asphalt or dirt. Not drive a set of 44s aired down to 3 lbs on a trip to the North Pole, so skinny tires would be a good choice.

Bingo I wound up going with a set of 275/70/18 firestone winterforce studded and am a happy plower again. Still am going to need to get my summer tires and 2 tire purches so close together don't make me happy, but oh well.
Montereyman- I think we can assume that the OP is driving on a snow covered road, and is looking to cut thru the snow to the asphalt or dirt. Not drive a set of 44s aired down to 3 lbs on a trip to the North Pole, so skinny tires would be a good choice.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's are great tires in the snow.

You don't really need super skinny tires to be great in the snow though. I'm running 37x13.5x17 Toyo MT's that are ~14.6 inches wide all year round. That's like a 375/65/17. They do just fine in deep Canadian snow.
That size must eat up expensive Canadian gas/diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles