Looking for suggestions for 270 awning. Bunduawn?

AdventureTim

Thanks to everyone, there's a ton of great info in this thread!

I'm looking for the lightest free-standing 270-degree awning - it sounds like CleverShade's worth checking out. I like the idea of the Kinsmen, but it's ~70lb, and with a 160lb tent already on the roof, plus other accessories, it's getting to be a bit much. The RhinoRack is definitely lightweight but the plastic hinges don't look like they'll last very long. I almost bought a Bundutec, but after the OJ review, became concerned at the quality of them. So far the Alu-cab is at the top of the list, but I'd happy pay a bit more for something a bit lighter!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Thanks to everyone, there's a ton of great info in this thread!

I'm looking for the lightest free-standing 270-degree awning - it sounds like CleverShade's worth checking out. I like the idea of the Kinsmen, but it's ~70lb, and with a 160lb tent already on the roof, plus other accessories, it's getting to be a bit much. The RhinoRack is definitely lightweight but the plastic hinges don't look like they'll last very long. I almost bought a Bundutec, but after the OJ review, became concerned at the quality of them. So far the Alu-cab is at the top of the list, but I'd happy pay a bit more for something a bit lighter!

Call up Justin at 23Zero, the new 270 Peregrine awning is 50lbs and the light blocking fabric is pretty cool.
I just put one on my Transit and have a Darche 270 on my Tacoma so I can compare.
The new 23Zero fixes the issues with the Darche like small bag, rear hinge design and some other goodies

I will be doing a setup/teardown video soon but so far no issues I can find with it.

carbon60

Explorer
Call up Justin at 23Zero, the new 270 Peregrine awning is 50lbs and the light blocking fabric is pretty cool.
I just put one on my Transit and have a Darche 270 on my Tacoma so I can compare.
The new 23Zero fixes the issues with the Darche like small bag, rear hinge design and some other goodies

I will be doing a setup/teardown video soon but so far no issues I can find with it.

How about coverage? I went with the Darche over the 23zero because the latter didn't appear to cover my rear door.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have the 2 side by side in my driveway and this weekend I will try to get a pic of the rear arm of the 23Zero which has a much better design.
Also the rear arm has an additional bit of fabric that covers the little gap between the arm and the back of a vehicle. I tuck it under my roof rack so no rain can come in the back.
Justin at 23Zero took all the little things about the Darche that weren't right and fixed them all. Plus better fabric.

Milamr

The Bush Company has one that looks very nice. Might want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought one and it is as advertised.
9473e3115b39dbd8b19da53e2f79bbc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alia176

Explorer
I have the 2 side by side in my driveway and this weekend I will try to get a pic of the rear arm of the 23Zero which has a much better design.
Also the rear arm has an additional bit of fabric that covers the little gap between the arm and the back of a vehicle. I tuck it under my roof rack so no rain can come in the back.
Justin at 23Zero took all the little things about the Darche that weren't right and fixed them all. Plus better fabric.

A pic comparing the two awnings would be great and thank you in advance!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles