Looking for suggestions for 270 awning. Bunduawn?

Photobug

I am looking at an awning for my full sized truck. Because we use the back part for cooking we want a square back awning.

So far my favorite is the Bunduawn. The L-Shape 270 Square Back
https://bundutecusa.com/products/bunduawn/#various-profiles

I have also considered the Kinsmen, Ostrich Wing, and Howling Moon.

I am leaning toward the Bunduawn because it has the greatest coverage but looking for any input from anyone who has or has seen the competing awnings.

Lionix1

I have the CVT Batwing, love it. Covers the side and rear even in a driving rain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Photobug

The CVT looks just like the Rhino Batwing, which is made by Oztent from Australia. which was the first one to get me interested in the 270.

shade

I am looking at an awning for my full sized truck. Because we use the back part for cooking we want a square back awning.

So far my favorite is the Bunduawn. The L-Shape 270 Square Back
https://bundutecusa.com/products/bunduawn/#various-profiles

I have also considered the Kinsmen, Ostrich Wing, and Howling Moon.

I am leaning toward the Bunduawn because it has the greatest coverage but looking for any input from anyone who has or has seen the competing awnings.
That Bunduawn is a big sucker!

I recently ordered a Kinsmen, but part of the reason was that its stowed length was a better fit for my GFC camper than an Alu-Cab Shadow or the Bunduawn. The Alu-Cab is a strong design worth a look.

I plan to supplement the Kinsmen with some lightweight camo net or something similar to increase shade without adding much weight or wind drag.

Photobug

I got a big truck. It would cover my entire back for cooking and up to my front doors. It would pretty awesome to be able to have access to all the way from my cab to my the back of my truck out of the rain.519778

shade

I got a big truck. It would cover my entire back for cooking and up to my front doors. It would pretty awesome to be able to have access to all the way from my cab to my the back of my truck out of the rain.View attachment 519778
That's a tad larger than my Tacoma. :)

Have you considered the even larger Bunduawn 360?

Photobug

That's a tad larger than my Tacoma. :)

Have you considered the even larger Bunduawn 360?
Kind of. But think I will run into troubles getting the front of the awning around the front of my truck rack which is probably 15 feet long. Another draw back is no square back option on the 360. They make custom sizes up to crazy number of feet but I think that is only in South Africa. I can get 2.95 meters here which is 116 inches. It is crazy big. The only downside with Bunduawn, is the last leg on each side will always need a pole.

The Howling moon is similar in size with more of a free standing ability up to 12 mph winds.

https://www.howlingmoon.com.au/product/6-arm-270-degree-swing-awn-walls#&gid=1&pid=4

Photobug

As much surface as the Howling Moon presents, you may need to use the poles in much wind. I'm guessing that the arms are U-shaped, but the open bottom of the swingarms makes them look a little flexy compared to other designs.

Agreed. HowlingMoon says up to 20km/h of wind without poles. What I do like is the poles are built in making it easy to deploy. I figure I might have some walls up often and need the poles anyways.

Disadvantage of the Bunduawn

• Velcro attachments for the walls vs zippers.
  • Intermediate poles need to be purchased.
  • Not many photos, crappy website not sure really what i am getting.
  • No videos of anyone doing pull ups off the awning.:)

Disadvantages of Kinsman.

• Less coverage
  • No Sidewalls available.
  • Still waiting to see if there are zippers or velcro to attach or make my own walls
  • Not sure I like the 3 peaks force water back down the truck side of the gap

shade

Agreed. HowlingMoon says up to 20km/h of wind without poles. What I do like is the poles are built in making it easy to deploy. I figure I might have some walls up often and need the poles anyways.

Disadvantage of the Bunduawn

• Velcro attachments for the walls vs zippers.
  • Intermediate poles need to be purchased.
  • Not many photos, crappy website not sure really what i am getting.
  • No videos of anyone doing pull ups off the awning.:)
Disadvantages of Kinsman.

• Less coverage
  • No Sidewalls available.
  • Still waiting to see if there are zippers or velcro to attach or make my own walls
  • Not sure I like the 3 peaks force water back down the truck side of the gap
If you think you'll be adding walls often, I think you'll want poles. That also means having a possibly more expensive, freestanding design may not be that important.

On the Kinsmen, it has perimeter Velcro & snaps for attachment points, and guy loops if you want to anchor your truck down. They're clearly thinking ahead to walls, but I haven't read anything about Blue Ridge Overland Gear making any yet. I think the peak props could be left down, but I can't say where the rain would flow. I plan to add some gutter flaps if my camper's doors don't divert water well enough. There's no getting around the smaller size of it compared to some of the competition.

I was hoping you'd get a Bundy owner in here by now. You might poke around some Australian sites for reviews.

carbon60

Explorer
I'm also debating the same issue:
  • Bunduawn
  • James Baroud (has a proper bug-proof room option)
  • Kinsmen
  • Alu-Cab
  • Darche
A.

Photobug

I'm also debating the same issue:
  • Bunduawn
  • James Baroud (has a proper bug-proof room option)
  • Kinsmen
  • Alu-Cab
  • Darche
A.
There is an Aussie review that compares 4 different awnings. The one comment on the Darche was leaky seams in a downpour.

Photobug

James Baroud recently released a 270 square back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been looking on their website and can't find it. I have trouble trusting a company that can't even put up a comprehensive website. That seems pretty fundamental to business today.

Can anyone suggest the biggest Aussie forum so I can try there for input on Bunduawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles