Looking for specific propane tank - any leads?

ExpoMike

Hi all,

I am trying to source a Manchester propane tank model 6815. Google searches has not found anyone with them in stock and was just putting out if anyone has a source for this specific model. This fits the space I need exactly, with the most capacity I can get.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

ExpoMike

Pricey little buggers, lookks like caterdepot has them in stock
Good luck

Thanks but nope, talked to them and they do not have in stock. They were also the most expensive places that listed them. Most places were in the $550-$600 range but again, nothing in stock. Hoping someone on ExPo might have a connection somewhere.

john61ct

Adventurer
That industry follows a traditional distribution model, for the quality non-Chinese stuff anyway

and like big lead batteries the shipping costs are a very large component of the delivered price.

Call around to the decent sized propane service shops local to you for quotes, they call around to their distributor(s).

Also contact Manchester see if they reco a seller near you.

Let them know your preference on rush timing vs competitive pricing.

ExpoMike

Not really any great propane shops in San Diego. Most are refiller places or do home sized tanks. What worries me is Manchester doesn't even list that model (or diameter 10") on their site. Had one on order from Amazon for almost 4 months and then Amazon cancelled the order as unavailable. Because of where it is going, it needs to be 10" diameter, no longer than 32" and needs to be AMSE cert, for permanent mounting. Having zero luck in 8+ months..... stupid pandemic and supply issues!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
FYI for those not aware,

There is a nation wide shortage of cylinders right now. All the way down to the small green camp cylinders.
Map gas, Oxygen, LP cylinders in essentially any size are impossible to get.

So if you happen to find what you need, don't hesitate. Just buy it.

ExpoMike

There's an RV wrecking yard in Phoenix.

What about the VW van places?

Yeah, might see if there are. The VW ones I have seen for sale (which I can get new) are mainly 8" diameter and no more capacity than a standard 20 lbs. BBQ type tank.

FYI for those not aware,

There is a nation wide shortage of cylinders right now. All the way down to the small green camp cylinders.
Map gas, Oxygen, LP cylinders in essentially any size are impossible to get.

So if you happen to find what you need, don't hesitate. Just buy it.

Well that sucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94