Looking for Rock n Roll bed frame

SuperHiace

Hey guys,

I'm making this post to gauge interest in rock n roll bed frames. I've been looking for one for my van that I am in the process of converting, but I noticed they are all located in the UK and I can't find anything like this from someone within the US. I put in a shipping inquiry with the company I linked below and found out that it costs about $1000 to ship a pallet with up to 10 frames, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in putting in a group order to make the shipping costs worth it, and to get some of these awesome frames into the US.

https://fabworxuk.com/product-category/bedz/frames/

I'm located in LA. If anyone knows of any local fabricators that could put something like this together I would love to hear about them as well.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
That's a great idea. When I did mine in my TroopCarrier, I was able to source the bracket only from a place in Southern California. It was the exact same bracket that Sportsmobile uses (and many other RVs) on the sofabed. We build the frame locally around that bracket. The back folds over, not exactly like the rock n roll frame you showed (where is that name coming from anyway...?)

WVI

Adventurer
You can find RV/Custom Van beds and couches at the salvage yards with hinges like the above. They are not the rock n roll type, but that's what's used. (I think I still have the set I got and never used)
The rock n roll type are what are in old VW camper vans.

FabworX Uk

Hi Gents, we are delighted that our products have found their way to the US, we are getting more and more calls for our R&R Fabworxbedz to be shipped across the pond. So much so that we are exploring distribution / franchise opportunities to help overcome the somewhat prohibiting shipping costs. We are 100% vertically integrated from laser cutting, bending, welding, power coating and with an upholstery partner next 2 us. So we could easily fill containers with pre-fab parts to be finalised in-situ. We would send our chief engineer across for full induction etc. So if you know a reliable business / startup who would like to talk, let us know. Many Thanks. I will leave you with a few pics of our latest install ( Our Little Single )

Attachments

• IMG-20190126-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20190126-WA0010.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG-20190126-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190126-WA0014.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-20190126-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20190126-WA0015.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 77

Paddy

Adventurer
Two things: you can get folding beds from conversion vans, similar to rock n roll and lots are even power. Second, I feel you buy steel tubing and do all the cuts and drilling holes and stuff, it’s pretty easy to find a welder Tom assemble the stuff for you. As a welder i can tell you that fab is annoying and I charge a lot for ,my, tune welding is fun and fast once all the pre work has been done, so I gladly weld for friend so who bring me ready to weld part so.

FabworX Uk

Good to hear that you are a keen welder Paddy, and it's a business that could facilitate that to the strandards that we are accredited to, and test certified for. We are looking to come over to the States end February to have initial conversations with interested parties!

Last edited:

GNTY

Adventurer
OP, I work at Wilderness Vans and we've got our Bi-folds and Tri-Folds now available now for Canada and the U.S. , all U.S. orders are imported by us and shipped within the U.S.

FabworX, you've got a beautiful product there. Looking forward to having you product available in North America to use as well, we will have some customers want to go that way in their builds.

31990427197_fd91c67799_c.jpg

31990427357_864c527fc9_c.jpg

FabworX Uk

Thanks for the compliment Wilderness Man :) who in your organisation should we be talking to. There are great synergies to be explored. We have 16 Beds I have posted the smallest one above I will show you yesterdays install of our1500mm Rock&Roll Bed, also available in Auto & Semi-Auto
.FB_IMG_1548872353376.jpgFB_IMG_1548872364166.jpgFB_IMG_1548872376096.jpg

David Whiteman

Hey guys,

I'm making this post to gauge interest in rock n roll bed frames. I've been looking for one for my van that I am in the process of converting, but I noticed they are all located in the UK and I can't find anything like this from someone within the US. I put in a shipping inquiry with the company I linked below and found out that it costs about $1000 to ship a pallet with up to 10 frames, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in putting in a group order to make the shipping costs worth it, and to get some of these awesome frames into the US.

https://fabworxuk.com/product-category/bedz/frames/

I'm located in LA. If anyone knows of any local fabricators that could put something like this together I would love to hear about them as well.

Hi Super,

Just thought you'd be interested to hear that me and my wife brought a rock and roll bed from a U.S vendor last year in August for our first camper conversion, I have posted the link to there website below, we found them to be more responsive to our emails than any of the European vendors

FabworX Uk

Hey Guys, We are now in the process of setting up in NC. Firstly we will be shipping containers to our warehouse space until we have the plant setup to manufacture in the USA. We are manufacturing 70 beds a week for the UK, now shipping to Brisbane AUstralia, and our Europe Mainland Partners. You will not find a better bed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles