Looking for reliable online gear stores!

Gearspoke

Adventurer
Hello, All lovely people! Tis the season of frigid cold weather, and the most dangerous time to ride, but well worth it. However I have decided it is time to upgrade my gear, but the issue is I just moved to Bellingham, Washington, and I no longer have a Eastbay Motorsport (Motorcycle store where I would buy my gear). So now that I want to buy gear, I no longer have any stores to go to and I always get nervous from ordering online, especially with certain return policies.

Where have you ordered in the past that was online, and what was their customer service like, as well as their return policy?

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I've had good experiences with Motorcycle Superstore, Revzilla, and Bike Bandit. Bike Bandit gives you a discount on some things if you have a AMA membership.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Motorcycle Superstore, Revzilla, Motorcyclegear.com (formerly NewEnough), and Atomic Moto are all pretty reliable. Revzilla has stellar customer service and a very good return policy, including helmets. Atomic Moto is smaller, but based in Bend, OR if you are in a hurry for stuff.

stingray1300

Explorer
LMK what kind of gear you're looking for. I have some high quality gear that I have to sell (heated and otherwise).
PM me

Gearspoke

Adventurer
I have a ton of summer riding gear, light weight, but with the proper skid pads. But now that winter is here and we would like to continue riding, unfortunately, the only gear I have breathes too much and that cold breeze while sitting for more than 2 hours can be unbearable. So looking for warm gear that breaths but not as much as the summer gear. I will need pants and a jacket; everything else is covered.

Gearspoke

Adventurer
Haha yes, this post is just to help me and anyone else in need a reliable online store. Or if a specific retail store that you shop at is great then listing those would be helpful!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I like Atomic Moto. Their emails are surprisingly interesting.

I have also ordered from Revzilla, good prices but no soul.

Thanks for the tip on Atomic Moto, but what do you mean about Revzilla having no soul? They make a demo video about lots of their products. That's gotta take a lot of time and sort of shows they are real people. I bought my Shoei Hornet Helmet from them and received a phone call from them about it when I ordered it making sure I was who I said I was and making sure I got the right size. I thought that was pretty cool.

Edit: now Motorcycle Superstore has no soul IMO, but they sure do ship fast and have tons of stuff at good prices..

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
Another option for a wind stopping layer would be military surplus, gortex jacket.

The online stores I use are already listed, have had good luck with motorcycle superstore.

Gearspoke

Adventurer
Thank you for these in-depth responses, I'm kind of excited now to order on Black Friday, if they have that type of sale at least!

cwvandy

Adventurer
I have had really good experiences with Revzilla over the years. Recently, however, I stopped in to see the small retail outlet that Atomic Moto has here in Bend. I met the owners and some of the local (serious) riders who test their gear. On their recommendation I purchased a pair of Alpinestars Toucan Goretex boots. I have always been a Sidi guy but this was one of the best purchases I have made in some time. Everything they say about the product is 100% accurate. No BS. No sales hype.
To keep their overhead low they have a small retail space. Their real focus and expertise is online sales. I cannot recommend these folks more highly. They are great to deal with, know their stuff, use the gear they sell and offer top notch customer service. Check out some of their product review videos.
http://www.atomic-moto.com/Alpinestars-Toucan-Gore-Tex-Boots_p_1062.html
I think you will be very pleased. They are now my go-to supplier.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
I'll give a +1 for Atomic Moto as well. The owner (?), Brian, posts a lot of his gear opinions on ADVRider and he seems to really be a straight shooter with honest information - not some guy trying to sell whatever is on his shelves. Customer service has always been top notch in my couple transactions with them.

On a somewhat related note . . . now is a good time to check out the European online retailers. With the weak Euro, gear seems to run 25-40% cheaper. For example, bikerland.de has the Sidi Adventure GoreTex boots for $283, versus about $550 to buy domestically. That's even 25% less than the Adventure Rains! I just bought two helmets and they were about 1/3 cheaper than if I had bought domestically. People seem to have good luck with FC-Moto and Bikerland.de. Although I think FC Moto's customer service isn't top notch (they are slow to respond), I would certainly order from them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles