Looking for recommendations;

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Hey guys,

Looking for recommendations for a TT suited to an overland style. I don’t want something tiny like a tear drop or 12’ converse cargo trailer, but I also don’t want a 40’ fifth wheel with 3 Jacuzzi tubs and it’s own guest house...

The trailer will be for a base camp to go riding (Dirt bike, ATV and side x side). I don’t need something I can rock crawl with, but I also want something other than the typical garbage construction ultra light junk you can buy brand new for 18,000 bucks...

Something with factory flipped axles (duals for sure for redundancy in the event of flats- I live an hour from a town, usually camp 4+ hours in the bush)

Also something that I can use all year. We get 10+ feet of snow and -20 (northern Canada)

No idea what to look for. I dropped by a trailer store yesterday and didn’t see anything I like. Budget of about 40k. Weight is not a concern.

Thanks

Good luck! You are in the same boat as others here in the states. Something in the 18-20 foot range that is not stick and tin built. Needs to be 4 season. Something comfortable enough inside to weather a storm out that we don't feel like sardines. A camper that can with stand years of family use. A camper that will see dirt more than pavement.

Cargo trailers come no where near in chassis strength and body construction. Most are no better in strength and structure than U. S. built campers.

boxcar1

boxcar1
That's entirely dependent on the cargo trailer you buy. the GVRW will tell you all you need to know about the trailer chassis and rolling gear. As to the wall and roof structure. That's the beuty of a cargo conversion. Add what you need.

Grassland

Hey guys,

Looking for recommendations for a TT suited to an overland style. I don’t want something tiny like a tear drop or 12’ converse cargo trailer, but I also don’t want a 40’ fifth wheel with 3 Jacuzzi tubs and it’s own guest house...

The trailer will be for a base camp to go riding (Dirt bike, ATV and side x side). I don’t need something I can rock crawl with, but I also want something other than the typical garbage construction ultra light junk you can buy brand new for 18,000 bucks...

Something with factory flipped axles (duals for sure for redundancy in the event of flats- I live an hour from a town, usually camp 4+ hours in the bush)

Also something that I can use all year. We get 10+ feet of snow and -20 (northern Canada)

No idea what to look for. I dropped by a trailer store yesterday and didn’t see anything I like. Budget of about 40k. Weight is not a concern.

Thanks

Im a fellow Canukistan, similar needs, sans toy hauling.
Let me know what you find or do. Especially if you do a CTC afterall.
Otherwise there is ATC and VRV for toy haulers built with aluminium and beefy frames.

hemifoot

Observer
look into the escape trailer made in chilliwack bc. not a toy hauler but each one is made /spec'ed out to the individual customer i think.very solid looking build,almost like a bigfoot.i've checked them out for myself.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Well here we are, a year later. I cannot find anything that suits my needs, and am basically ready to buy a junk jayco baja with winter package or whatever they call them, or just give up and buy a cabin.

chet6.7

Explorer
Well here we are, a year later. I cannot find anything that suits my needs, and am basically ready to buy a junk jayco baja with winter package or whatever they call them, or just give up and buy a cabin.
Unfortunately, the guy in the link below does not post often,but you could ask him about his trailer.
Good luck in your search.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
^ ATC... Never heard of them, but initial thoughts look good. Time to research. Thanks, Buddha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke