Looking for recommendations for an in vehicle swing-down ceiling-mounted movie display

rayra

Expedition Leader
Want to fit such a thing in the 2nd row area of my Suburban and also so it is available while sleeping on the storage platform in that area / the cargo area.
I already have an in-dash 2U Pioneer AVH-280?something entertainment unit and the widget that lets me run DVDs while moving down the road. And it comes with an Aux video-OUT connector too. And I bought the remote control for the unit. So I guess all I really need is a fold-down monitor, no tuner or embedded DVD / Bluray player needed.
Something with an HD aspect ratio and no more than 10-12" tall when opened, would like it available for back seat passengers while moving down the road, without complete destroying my rear vision.

I have a beer budget and champagne tastes, something $300 or less. But chiefly I'm looking for first-person reviews of what models or brands have held up and which are crap.

Somethig in a 17" would be the max size

eta I'd even consider racking a large laptop upside down, if there's an easy / cheap way to invert the video

Last edited:

ricardo

Observer
I have done this for years, specially on my tents...
top%20of%20the%20world%20121-X2.jpg

but this picture is from 16 years ago, now the tablets are much slimer and easy

Recommendation galaxy tap pro (12.2") since you can run the torque add during the day but use Kodi or even a SD with preloaded flicks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94