Delete

cameron1

deleteHello,
Looking for a replacement rearend for my ailing Dana 60. It is FF,LS. Unfortunately 32 spline. Would like to go to 35 spline so I can add a locker. If you have something that is solid, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think I saw one posted here for pickup in Or/Wa in the last month or three. Might be worth scrolling back through the older posts.

I might be wrong but if you are planning on adding a locker anyway why not just upgrade the guts of your existing housing to 35 spline. I can’t imagine it would cost more than buying a 35 spline and adding a locker.

cameron1

Thought about it. Have done everything but rearends. Can swap them, just never rebuilt one. Also, not thrilled with boring the tubes. This is mainly a tow vehicle. Some slippery boat ramps and a little light off roading.

I hear you. Dana diffs are the one thing I don't mess with. I'm about to re-gear, arb and upgrade my full float 60 and the shop I spoke to said most of the time the 35 spline shafts fit right in without any boring.

Thought about it. Have done everything but rearends. Can swap them, just never rebuilt one. Also, not thrilled with boring the tubes. This is mainly a tow vehicle. Some slippery boat ramps and a little light off roading.

cameron1

Sorry went fishing for a bit. Thought you had to bore them all to make work?? If thats the case, I will attempt my own rebuild. Can't seem to find anyone in Portland, Or area that does regears to even return my calls. Can't believe axle rebuilding business is that busy. Must be the sound of my voice or lack of deodorant.

MadMax321

I had my full float D60 rebuilt and they put 35 spine shafts in with a locker, just have to shorten the shafts

cameron1

I had my full float D60 rebuilt and they put 35 spine shafts in with a locker, just have to shorten the shafts
I would go that route, but haven't found much interest from any shops willing to take on the work in Portland area. Just pulled an axle thanks to the renaissane tinker and he was right. Tubes are 1.59 in diameter. Would like to learn how to set up a rearend. Its the only thing I haven't ever done. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to get that done?

MadMax321

Hey I don't remember, I used a guy in Boise. it was a couple grand with the purchase of the locker. Could bring it over here to Boise. Im sure he would do it.

blakeape

Adventurer
I am converting my 1998 E350 to 4wd and using a sterling rear end. I have a full float 60 available. If you are interested please message me
Thanks
Jake

cameron1

Thanks everyone. Found a local guy who is going to rebuild my Dana 60. Bought TrueTrac and 35 spline axles for it. Should have it done in couple weeks. Just did the 880s spring conversion and all the usual problem fixes on the 7.3. Runs pretty good now. Just can't drive it till the rearend is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles