Looking for ideas: Flexible Solar Panel Stand

jagarcia89

I'm awaiting delivery of my truck bed camper later this summer and using a ground tent or a bed tent in the meantime. On my last journey, I found I needed to charge my Goal Zero on days where I stayed stationary or just didn't drive far. Once my camper is built, I will be sticking 1 or 2 100w flexible panels to the roof. but in the meantime I need a solar charging option. I don't want to invest in a briefcase or fold out that I won't use in a few months and would rather just buy my flexible panel now and figure out a way to use it not glued to a roof.

Any one have some good ideas? I've found a few options on youtube but they all seem pretty bulky. I'm looking for something pretty portable, basic and compact. Or can/should I just lay it on the ground and use some tent stakes to hold it in place?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Lay it on the ground or hang from clothesline with little clips? If not clothespins, then I’ve found binder clips from office supply stores to be really useful.

dfinn

Adventurer
Might be worth mounting temporarily to some 1/4" ply or something like that so they don't flex or get damaged.

Last edited:

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Might be worth mounting temporarily attaching them to some 1/4" ply or something like that so they don't flex or get damaged.
And then use collapsible easel to hold them upright and angled correctly. I have a few large art easels and have used them for my rigid 100w panel. They are about 5' long, but will easily fit into a 4" pvc tube. Or you can build your own out of 3/8 square stock and a drill/screws

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WVI

Panulhos

One option you might consider is a best solar panel with a built-in kickstand. These panels typically fold up for easy storage and transport, but when unfolded, they can be propped up at an angle to maximize sun exposure. This way, you can set it up wherever you're camping and easily adjust the angle throughout the day to ensure optimal charging. Look for panels with lightweight and durable construction for easy handling and durability during outdoor use.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles