Looking for Fridge Slide Mounting Ideas: Pickup Truck Bed

ZMagic97

Explorer
Hi all,

I'be been on here for a few years now, popping in and out of different areas. Lately I've been working on a WJ Grand Cherokee, but my wife got a new car last weekend so I'm selling the Jeep and taking over our 06' GMC Sierra.

I've seen some cool ideas on here for fridge mounting, wiring, etc but. can't remember the specifics of what I really liked. I've used the search function but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, and though I'm sure I will after a few hours of digging, I rather just ask.

What I want to accomplish is mounting my fridge slide in the bed of my truck, with the option of removing it. The "quick and easy" way would be to bolt it to the floor and remove the fridge when needed. This is very doable, but I would rather have flat plates or some type of relatively flush mounting system to be able to remove the slide as one person (not one person in the bed and another underneath to remove all the hardware.) I know Tembo Tusk makes a great slide (I wish I never sold mine) with flat mounting plates to remove the slide with ease, but I'm not looking to shell out for another slide at this time.

Below is a photo of the bed of the truck, which has the ~5'8" length box. I am also planning to bolt in a flush top toolbox by the cab for holding fuel cans, spare tools, etc. As you can see, I already have an ammo box on each side holding tools.

My concerns are the bed having no leftover space after the fridge with slide and toolbox are installed. I don't haul much and have a flatbed trailer for bigger things, but this is now my daily driver and camping rig, so I'm trying to make it the "do it all" vehicle.

Thank you for your input in advance.

IMG-0269.jpg

ZMagic97

Explorer
I installed tracks in my 2018 Raptor and connect the ARB fridge slide to the tracks with Macs studs. You could install these on top of your bed rug. The write up is here:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/how-to-remove-easy-fuel-filler-cap.62881/#post-1282303

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

I was familiar with the tracks and knew there had to be some type of stud I could install, but want able to piece them together while searching around the Internet.

Connerv6

Hi all,

I'be been on here for a few years now, popping in and out of different areas. Lately I've been working on a WJ Grand Cherokee, but my wife got a new car last weekend so I'm selling the Jeep and taking over our 06' GMC Sierra.

I've seen some cool ideas on here for fridge mounting, wiring, etc but. can't remember the specifics of what I really liked. I've used the search function but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, and though I'm sure I will after a few hours of digging, I rather just ask.

What I want to accomplish is mounting my fridge slide in the bed of my truck, with the option of removing it. The "quick and easy" way would be to bolt it to the floor and remove the fridge when needed. This is very doable, but I would rather have flat plates or some type of relatively flush mounting system to be able to remove the slide as one person (not one person in the bed and another underneath to remove all the hardware.) I know Tembo Tusk makes a great slide (I wish I never sold mine) with flat mounting plates to remove the slide with ease, but I'm not looking to shell out for another slide at this time.

Below is a photo of the bed of the truck, which has the ~5'8" length box. I am also planning to bolt in a flush top toolbox by the cab for holding fuel cans, spare tools, etc. As you can see, I already have an ammo box on each side holding tools.

My concerns are the bed having no leftover space after the fridge with slide and toolbox are installed. I don't haul much and have a flatbed trailer for bigger things, but this is now my daily driver and camping rig, so I'm trying to make it the "do it all" vehicle.

Thank you for your input in advance.

View attachment 597558

I originally had bolts run through the bed floor and bolts underneath. Then I moved to rivnuts which you can buy on amazon at ~$10 for 100. Now you just thread the bolt in from the top and its good to go, no need to crawl under the truck.

ZMagic97

Explorer
L track
A 2 person install for the track. But then lots of mounting options for other gear as well and easy to change it out.

I agree that seems to best for me. I have some items I ordered based on the feedback here. Hopefully I'll have it installed to report back soon. I'm sure someone else will want the ideas/info down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles