Looking for Forum Members to Test a DECKED Storage System

patoz

Expedition Leader
Wow, you guys just turned my typical lousey Monday morning, into a great day! I thought I'd be the last guy to be picked, so Thanks DECKED!!

I will do my best to put a system through it's paces and report my findings. What do I need to do to get up with you guys and get the particulars?

BTW, that picture was taken at an American Flag Retirement Ceremony on 10/24/2015, where we collected and properly incinerated with honor, over a hundred old worn and tattered flags. The park where the ceremony was held had no flag, so I brought mine in order to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

Last edited:

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
In addition to the DECKED system, Patoz will be getting his hands on this new accessory which should prove popular to his tool and equipment storing and organizing needs:
[video]https://youtu.be/L1n5WiJsWWM[/video]

Shawntt17

Congratulations patoz your a lucky guy :) can't wait to here you thoughts and opinions on it, as it is on my list of wants.

Thank you to Decked for the opportunity and the 10% offer it is awesome to see a company putting there money where there mouth is. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AaronK

Explorer
Congrats Patoz!

Decked, design a gen 1 tundra system and do this again 😀

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

patoz

Expedition Leader
In addition to the DECKED system, Patoz will be getting his hands on this new accessory which should prove popular to his tool and equipment storing and organizing needs:
[video]https://youtu.be/L1n5WiJsWWM[/video]

Thanks Shawntt17 & AaronK, and thank you DECKED!

Since the tool box issue was one of my main concerns, I'm looking forward to seeing if this new item will take care of that situation.

Just to let everyone else know where we are with this, I have been talking with the guys at DECKED via PMs, to see just what they are looking for and to make sure I understand what is expected of me. So far, I see no problems at all!

I'll be starting a new thread in this section (Storage Solutions) when the system gets here, and the thread will start from that point. I hope to make it as informative as possible, and you guys are free to ask questions at any time. Since everyone couldn't be selected, I want to do a thorough job for you guys as well as for the guys at DECKED!

SameGuy

Observer
Count me in if you need a tester. I've got a slightly modified 2012 Tundra double cab w/ 6'6" bed. We do a lot of off roading, and way, way, way back country camping in all 4 seasons. We haul a little camper, ATV's and dirt bikes. We are members of a couple of off road clubs in here in Wyoming and attend off roading events in Moab and Ouray. I'm always looking for good storage solutions for tools, camping gear, chainsaws, recovery gear, photography equipment. I'm wondering if there is room to mount an AUX deep cycle battery in one of the ammo box cubbies. That would solve a lot of issues I am having finding a suitable location for said battery. The fact that it can hold so much weight would make it perfect for parking the 4 wheeler and dirt bikes on. Here's a pic of our rig loaded up for Moab last month.
IMG_2780.jpg

Last edited:

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Count me in if you need a tester. I've got a slightly modified 2012 Tundra double cab w/ 6'6" bed. We do a lot of off roading, and way, way, way back country camping in all 4 seasons. We haul a little camper, ATV's and dirt bikes. We are members of a couple of off road clubs in here in Wyoming and attend off roading events in Moab and Ouray. I'm always looking for good storage solutions for tools, camping gear, chainsaws, recovery gear, photography equipment. I'm wondering if there is room to mount an AUX deep cycle battery in one of the ammo box cubbies. That would solve a lot of issues I am having finding a suitable location for said battery. The fact that it can hold so much weight would make it perfect for parking the 4 wheeler and dirt bikes on. Here's a pic of our rig loaded up for Moab last month.
View attachment 345928

We're not giving away any more systems for now, but PM us and we'll hook you up with a 10% off code.

kmcoop7

Observer
Contractor and explorer tester

I will be happy to take you up on the offer to test out a Decked storage system!

I would be a good tester for you as I am both a general contractor and an avid explorer of the Mountain west! I use took boxes in my bed with a topper daily and am constantly loading materials and gear in and out of my truck (daily). I work all week, and then my family of 5 and dogs spend the weekends skiing, camping, hiking, 4 wheeling, fishing, and hunting through out Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana...ect. We just got back from a weekend riding the Polaris Ranger in Moab! I frequently sleep in the back of the truck on quick weekend excursions hunting or fishing too. My wife is also an ultramarathoner so the truck becomes a rolling aid station several weekends a year.

My current set up in the bed of my 3500 Ram Mega Cab is a Snugtop highliner topper with a couple of Undercover Swing cases at the back with a set of Rigid Thermoplastic Tool boxes bungeed to some air line track at the front of the bed. This forces me to constantly be in and out of the bed which is tough in a lifted 3500 with 37's! I run a full set of tools and recovery gear in the truck at all times including, high lift accessories, straps, shackles, a propane heater, bungess, hand tools, painting touch up kit, Milwaukee 18v: sawzall, grinder, shop vac, circ saw, multi tool, impact gun and drill with 5 batteries, sockets, ect, ect. I am very particular about my tools, so keeping them organized, accessible and CLEAN is a big deal to me! On top of this we haul everything from lumber to appliances in the back of the truck daily. Dogs too. Oh and I beat my truck pretty hard off road a few weekends a year!

In short, we would do it all with your system and I am confident I could give you good feed back on why it works, what needs improvement and what would make it flat out better than the rest of the competition!

Below are some pics of the truck!

[URL=http://s900.photobucket.com/user/kmcoop7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_154645.jpg.html][IMG]
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/kmcoop7/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_154645.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

20160403_172458.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

previous attempt at flexible storage solution
20141110_210926.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

WhatsDaPoint

Great choice on your test monkey. I am still interested in the system, but have a question.
Your web page says the system is not compatible with a 'bed rug'. I have seen pics on line of decked systems in trucks with bed rugs. What's the story?
Really want both.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Great choice on your test monkey.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :agree:

The tracking sheet says it will be here Wednesday afternoon. I'm having some work done on my A.R.E. camper shell and have it off of the truck right now, but it should be ready Thursday morning, I hope. I should be ready to get started with the installation after that.

Hey Wheelsup,
It's a matter of molding and massive tooling costs that prevent us from creating a GEN 1 Tundra solution. The rear of the GEN 1 Tundra bed is simply narrower than our overall system width. Ironically, my dad drives that same vehicle and I can't even give him a nice father's day present.
However, it is sort of possible, but you have to cut the rear ammo can out a but which does present a few challenges. It will take some of the payload capacity away, but if you are using it for traveling and sleeping on, not hauling massive items, it shouldn't matter that much. But it would void the warranty etc.

Thanks for the comments!
DECKED
BIG FAN of the Gen 1 Tundra. Can you go into more depth as to the modification? I am ok with losing some payload as it will be under a Canopy. Would love to see this as an option for the Gen 1!

dave1014

Adventurer
Id love to test one of the new Decked systems. Im a firefighter EMT and store alot of gear in my truck. Be it for emergency response or camping or trail riding. Ive given alot of product reviews for various companies over the years with my involvement in forums. I tell it like it is. If I like it you will know it. If I see areas that can be improved upon I will flat out say it too.
I have a friend here that has one of your systems and he loves and recommends it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior