Looking for door awnings

Trail Talk

Can anyone suggest a small but sturdy folding or retractable awning, under 42" wide? Want to mount something over the truck doors, to use while parked, to redirect the waterfall that comes off the camper when it rains. As it is, it falls inside the door whenever its opened, or my head on the way in and out!

Attachments

• Summit delivery copy.jpg
    Summit delivery copy.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 16

1000arms

Although not an awning, how about a piece of drip rail? Mount it higher in the front to dump the rain off the lower end back on the camper body.

Trail Talk

Thanks 1000arms, a very helpful link. That drip rail should redirect the water coming through the side ports (smaller green arrows). My main bother is the stream that runs off the very corner (big arrow). Will have to consider if this plastic drip rail can be cut and configured to work at the corner...

Attachments

• Summit delivery copy.jpg
    Summit delivery copy.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 10

1000arms

You are welcome. You might consider also mounting a couple of pieces up on the slope of the cabover. Use an open-bottom and very-shallow "V" to direct the flow to the center of your windshield instead of the current "across the entire the windshield plus over the doors flow". I suspect the drip rail can be cut cleanly with careful use of sharp tools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier