Looking for AT Tires

ExpoMike

I have been very happy running Bridgestone Dualer REVO models (only the REVO model though) on my Cherokees. They ride super nice, are very quiet, work great in the rain (really haven't been in too much snow to say) and have performed great in the dirt. My first Cherokee had the original REVO's and my current one has the REVO 2 model.

jbaucom

For overall solid performance on a two-wheel-drive truck, I'd run the largest Michelin Defender LTX M/S that would fit the truck.

Grassland

:ROFLMAO: Every premium brand makes a tire that's easy to love and to date I haven't seen a tire rating poll designed to put the products head-to-head in bulk while factoring out sales volume and other irrelevant biases. (sell 10 sets of something and 90% like it? That's 9 positive reviews. Sell 100 sets of something and only 10% like it? That's 10 positive reviews. I guess 10 is more than 9... )

Almost would be better to know what tire everyone hates... but you'll find somebody who had a negative experience with any arguably great product too.
I HATE the wrangler silent armors. Had them on a 2004 Chevy Express one wheel drive. Got stuck everywhere in winter. Roads, driveways, parking lots. Meanwhile Fountain Tire is like... Oh, next to Duratracs thats a great performing tire for all season and fleet vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superduty

Adventurer
Well, it looks like there is a vote for just about every AT tire out there. So just go to the tire store and pick whatever and you will be OK based on this thread.

uberhahn

Observer
75K on my Goodyear Wrangler Duratrack in 285 height. Highway and off-pavement miles. About 10k towing. Still have some life left, but getting a little noisy. The first 10K miles wore fast, and I was worried, but the wear slowed down. Like I said, 75K so far. I'm buying another set before winter. Excellent wet traction along with ice. Zero punctures.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I'm running Falken A/TW3 Wildpeaks on the Jeep. Love them. They're also the OEM tire for the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon.

uberhahn

Observer
I have another 10K to go in them. Still not down to wear markers. Admittedly, they are starting to cup now, but i'm really impressed. For sure the 1st 10k miles wore very fast, but slowed considerably. I'm getting another set (likely last set for the JKU). Other than a set of Michelin's I had on an old truck, these have been the longest lasting.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
My kid's '86 Toy. p/u has General AT/X ... the other kid is running General AT3 on their '94 Geo Tracker
They seem to be solid for how they're used (80-85% on highway). Both sets balanced well and are wearing great.
Cost is reasonable.
I'm running Cooper ST Maxx...second set, and will purchase again.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles