Looking for a shop in Wilmington, DE area to reprogram computer for 33" tires

SE46

I'm beginning an off road build and looking to put 33s on my 2010 G55. I understand i will need to have the computer reprogrammed to prevent ESP issues and correct the speedometer. Does anyone know of a shop within an hours drive of the Wilmington/Newark area that has the STAR diagnostic tools and experience to do this?

namsag

I put 33s on my 2011 G550. I read about the ESP and did my best to research the matter. I had the tires put on at a well-regarded independent shop in Memphis, they connected their STAR machine and could not find any way to re-program. I have not had any issues.

SE46

I put 33s on my 2011 G550. I read about the ESP and did my best to research the matter. I had the tires put on at a well-regarded independent shop in Memphis, they connected their STAR machine and could not find any way to re-program. I have not had any issues.
Thanks for the reply.... I still haven't found a shop to take it to if I have issues, but perhaps it won't be necessary. I hope to have 33's mounted this week and will report back once I've put some miles on it.

V E E R

Thanks for the reply.... I still haven't found a shop to take it to if I have issues, but perhaps it won't be necessary. I hope to have 33's mounted this week and will report back once I've put some miles on it.
I put 33s on my 2010 G550 and I've seen the ESP lights flash a handful of times but it's not intrusive and doesn't bother me enough to want to reprogram anything.

RBA

Adventurer
the main time you see it, is during medium to fast downhill tight turns. In california, my ESP goes off on many on-ramps. I find it very annoying. if you ride the brake slightly it goes away but that's not ideal.

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
I live down in Lincoln and in Milford there is a Mercedes dealership that may be able to do that for ya, unless you’re trying to avoid the dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles